1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you know who is most pissed about no game 7?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yes, and it's great the stupid conspiracy theorists were wrong by guaranteeing Miami would win Game 6 because of Stern.

Of course, now the conspiracy will change. Stern actually wanted the Mavs to win in 6.

3. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Not sure if serious

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I've been saying all along that the nba stands to make a lot more money from Miami's quest for a ring being delayed at least another year.

If they had won this year, the support the nba garnered due to the circus would have been greatly diminished, as the non hardcore fans would have lost interest in a top heavy league with feeder teams.

5. Chris Jent MVP

its a chess game.

conspiracy theorists call out sterns plan. stern responds by changing the plan to prove there was no conspiracy. coincidence theorists swallow it up.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I don't think Stern really played too much part in the outcome, although I do think Dallas players were a little protected from the continual driving so that it didn't devolve into 3 players getting fouled out or running with foul trouble.

In fact Chandler in game 6 is about the only person I can think of (other than warm body go in and foul types) who ran into foul trouble on either side, and really he was just doing stupid fouls over and over

7. AB423

AB423 Member

I'm just glad I don't have to listen to Mark Jackson anymore.

8. bloop

bloop Member

No any way you look at it Stern came out ahead this year.

Making Lebron a villain really worked out, wrestling style, for ratings, media and interest.

Either way Stern has his angles covered. If Miami wins, the groundwork had been laid for "better than Jordan" via Pippen statements, hype after Bulls series etc. If Dallas wins it's NWO going down.

I don't understand how people cant comprehend that even for nutjob conspiracists it doesn't matter who wins the Finals, only that people watch the Finals. Making sure the right teams win the Conference Championships and get the right matchup for ratings in the Finals is the important thing. On that end Stern has been remarkably successful, out of the West it's only been Lakers, Spurs and Mavs the past decade.

Once the Finals are over there's no more TV to watch. It doesn't matter whether Heat or Mavs win as long as the winning star has been hyped during the series and more storylines have been introduced to pique interest over the summer into the next season. It's weird how hyped Dirk has been by the talking heads when it's clear that Dirk was MIA for most of game 6 and Terry and the roleplayers deserve most of the credit for the last 2 wins. Now he's one of the greatest ever? That's nonsense and it's 100% Stern's machinery in motion.

But the weirdest thing is how Cuban was quiet and Stern was generous with the calls for the Mavs throughout the 2011 playoffs. Especially when the expectations were the lowest for the Mavs probably since the early 2000s. Quid pro quo.

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I have to say, I'm gonna miss Jeff Van Gundy's color commentary.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought the conspiracy argument was, Stern tried real hard, but the Heat were too scared to cooperate. :)

11. TheMacster

TheMacster Member

Air trying to salvage what's left of LeBron

rofl

12. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Stern tries his best

sometimes Lebron is just worthless. and his worthlessness out weighed Sterns cheats

13. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

miami did get about a 3:1 free throw advantage, but they only made like 60%. Joey C could only help so much.

14. AggieRocketsFan

The whole world wanted Miami to lose.

They never really had a chance.

15. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Unless they won.

16. lalala902102001

Just like Jordan played the role of hero to perfection, Lebron is fitting in very well as the perfect villain that everyone wants to see fail. You can hate him all you want, but he is extremely valueable to the league.

17. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

in term of just pure stats this years final outcome of team with home advantage sequeance was not going to dupicate like last season. Last seasons finals. LA leaves LA and goes to Boston with the advantage and comes back to LA down but manages to win game 6 and 7 in LA only after perkins is hurt at the center matchup in game six. This years finals Heat leave Miami tied, had a real chance to go up 2-0, only get one game on the road in Dallas, come back to Miami having to win, both game 6 or 7, go 2-0, sequence does not repeat, finals ends at game 6. Vegas wins in terms of dog $ more $ was on the heat on the $line especially after they went through top defenses in chicago and boston. "don't let the stern face fool ya" no conspiracy just +$190x 3 for dallas on the road in game 6