1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

V-Span: Thibodeau was the real Rockets coach, not Van Gundy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sinobball, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Spanoulis makes 2.4 million euros net a year.

Van Gundy makes 1 million dollars gross a year.

You have absolutely no proof that Van Gundy can get another coaching job in the NBA. Not a single NBA team wants anything to do with coaches that play that offensive style anymore. It is practically outlawed from the NBA.

Van Gundy won't get another head coaching job unless he totally changes his entire style and philosophy.

Spanoulis didn't say anything wrong in those comments. Those comments being taken as Van Gundy bashing by some here is downright pathetic. The guy left the Rockets years ago. He is on another continent. Stop bashing the guy for no reason already.

All he did was say Thibodeau is a good coach. No reason to bash on him for that. I am sure Morey would be begging to get Thibodeau as coach now if he thought he could.

The only reason to take issue with the comments Spanoulis made there is that you are a Spanoulis hater, or Van Gundy lover, or more likely, both.

I don't see a single thing in that comment by Spanoulis that was inappropriate.

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

OHMSS, please refrain from commenting on NBA matters you know very little about. Your lack of knowledge is greatly exposed as you try to expand on your comments. Thank you.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I agree and call upon OHMMS to post solely in the Hangout about his traumatic experience with the Greek mental health system, in which he was committed to live in a state mental institution for goats for a period of no less than 3 harvests as a boy.

Clearly this experience has shattered him.

1 person likes this.
  4. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Hi Jeff van Gundy.

5. rocketfan20

rocketfan20 Contributing Member

Agreed! V-Span was never publicly said anything that critical of Van Gundy that I can remember, but people still jump on his case.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Thibodeau is the Red Auerbach of Greece.

1 person likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you really just post the salary of Billy and Jeff Van Gundy? :grin:

You want evidence? The Nets had JVG at the top of their list, and they decided to go with Avery Johnson when Jeff turned them down. he also turned down the Pacers, Bobcats and a few others. Google it.

He is a family man at the moment, and with his career winning percentage, I am not suprised that you think he can't get a job, because it is 100% illogical. :)

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I still see no link to the OP.

While I am tempted to leave this open just for the sheer joy of watching KBP/bball scientist(sic) get owned yet again..

the forum rules are clear, no linky...no thready

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.