1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**Official McGrady/Pistons 2010 Regular Season Thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

Number22 wins the following clutchfans price:

most popular thread by views

congrats

crazy that a non-rocket thread wins this price.

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

The '98 lockout prompted an unreal wave of players falling off a cliff. Shed real light into how big a percentage of the league relied on training camp to get into shape. Ewing, Baker, Kemp, and others got huge and their careers collapsed fast.

And if the owners are really serious about a hard cap, get ready for an even longer lockout and an even bigger tidal wave of careers crashing to a doughnut-filled end.

LOL

Yup:

3. number22

number22 Member

nonsene

4. number22

number22 Member

nonsense :cool:

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Finally, the season is over. I have to tell you I have been dissapointed with Tracy's play. Yes, he's looked much, much better than last two season combined and he's shown flashes making some nice moves dunks, etc.

He can play, he can pass, he can be a playmaker. The question is: Can he score for your bench? Can he play every game? Can he help your team win?

I am dissapointed. Tracy has given up at least few times during this season. He was getting worse and worse at the time when he was supposed to be 100%. He showed how mentally weak he is and that he doesn't really care no more.

He has a nice stretch but he has few bad ones too. And it is not because of his health, but because of his mindset. That's the main problem, the guy doesn't try and doesn't play HARD AT ALL.

If I am a contender, I am not signing McGrady to my team. Why? Because I need tough players who want it bad and Tracy is exactly opposite. We'll see what happens but the way he finished this season was completly pathetic.

6. emjohn

It definitely is not good for Tracy that he decided to sit out the last couple of games...reinforces the perception some have that he quits when things get tough (final year in Orlando).

8-3-3 as a part-time starter for a bad team isn't going to get him an MLE deal, and if the new CBA brings about a short term financial crunch as teams transition to a much harder cap, he may have an extremely tough time getting a better deal than he saw this year.

Best thing he can do is take his conditioning VERY seriously. Last lockout was a career killer for an ocean of guys that got so out of shape they never could recover. It's a double set of motivation - guys that stay in top form despite a lengthy lockout are going to have a major leg up getting those dollars, and guys that balloon might find themselves finished in the league.

Playing overseas (the NBA will permit it) may be a smart move on his part.

7. lalala902102001

I think this is the end of Tracy McGrady's career in the NBA.

He will probably get a gig in China like Marbury to end his basketball career.

8. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Tracy has done nothing to prove that he can work hard and care about what he is doing.

That is his main weakness and that's why contetnders will hesitate (IMO) before signing him. This guy is mentally WEAK and he no longer cares.

I will repeat it, he ended this season in PATHETIC way. Man, he still earned 1,3 million. For me, it is damn a bundle and I'd do my job as hard as I could to earn it.

I guess Tracy feels the other way.

9. HombreDeHierro

That's bc the Pistons are a ****hole. Detroit is a ****hole.

I'm not saying people should be free from their responsibilties but the dude was basically just availing his time in Detroit. Pretty much just waiting to get it over with. He went to a salary 1/20th of his old one, has a **** team, lives in a **** city, and you expect him to try all the time? 100 %? Eff that.

T-Mac think he's the ****. Bc he is the ****. He showed enough flashes and I think league front offices know all of this as well. Put him in a big spotlight and a good situation and he can shine.

10. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VJcdO0VP4Gc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Best game of the year by far.

11. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Best game from his of the year in my opinion***

12. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Detroit was the only team willing to spend money on him...every other team that saw his "ability" passed b/c he looked like crap in the offseason (regardless of what some jock-riders might say). He isn't great anymore...if he had a great work ethic he would've had a better jumpshot, better pick and roll execution, he would've had a better 3pt shot, etc...but it wasn't. When you get older one of the first things to go is your ability to consistently perform...if you don't stay in great shape...like an aging player would work on in the offseason...then you have a season like Tmac just had.
    I love the excuse that he shouldn't give 100% b/c his team sucked...you sound like T-mac...apparently if you aren't on a championship caliber team you have the right to give up whenever you feel like it...yeah, that's sounds about right. LOL, you guys ever wonder why Tmac usually faded at the end of this playoffs series? When you have that mentality is it really that much of a mystery? "Bah, we're going to probably lose anyways...why fight it?" That's why he'll never be a HOFer, that's why he's a loser.

13. Lowry4three

Lowry4three Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5jXW_vM0X2U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dang, the old tmac is so sexy, look at him now

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

232 pages? There's either a ton of TOFs still around or we secretly miss him.

15. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Member

as much as i love t-mac u are right 100% Mcgrady doesnt deserve to play for a contender next season with the way he finished the year. I dont care about flashes that he shows u have to be consistent each night. He isnt showing anybody that he has the mentality to be a champion. The skills r there heck even the athleticism is there. He just isnt confident in his game right now. Im just curious as to how this off season is gonna go for him. With his training and what team he might go to. Honestly i still believe in him. but he is seriously running out of opportunities.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

It would be fun to watch him in memphis with Shane Battier and next year with Rudy Gay.

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

Tracy McGrady to the Celtics.

18. emjohn

I know they've become the league's senior home and all, but they don't have much if any need for him. With Rondo there, I don't see how he fits.

The Pistons were a good situation for him, given how atrocious their point guard situation was. If he finds his jump shot, the Lakers are actually a good system for him to join off the bench (Luke Walton role).

19. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

Tracy has been working hard the past month getting back in shape. Working every week day with a personal trainer doing all kinds of different exercises to get his knees and back stronger. His jumper is wet from anywhere but he'll always be able to shoot. Condition is the only limitation. Tracy works hard but at this point his primary focus is and will forever be his family. You guys might be forgetting that he's got a ton of miles on his body and it really does take a toll. I think he can definitely be a contributor on a contender. I see him taking Keith Bogans job in Chicago.

1 person likes this.
  20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

how do you know that?