1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket Killers:Back II the Future Edition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by javal_lon, Apr 1, 2011.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

LOL I'm a big fan of irony.

2. jahunter_1977

jahunter_1977 New Member

I guess everyone forgets Mahmoud Abdul Rauf. In the regular season games against ddever this guy never missed a shot against us. NEVER!!!

3. laneh

laneh Member

Um. A lot of you are forgetting why we didn't win our third ring.

HTML:
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WhDi0Ce_Z5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

I cant see nuttin :confused:

5. laneh

laneh Member

sorry

[youtube]WhDi0Ce_Z5w[/youtube]

6. laneh

laneh Member

Code:
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WhDi0Ce_Z5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. rawool

rawool Member

laneh... for future reference, click on Embed and copy and paste the code given.

[​IMG]

8. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

David West, no doubt.

9. delta69er

delta69er Member

Idk if any of yall remember, but several years ago, there was the European player in the league named Cparkapa or something along those lines. I believe he played for the Bobcats. He was a center who never shot threes EXCEPT against us and he'd always make one. I didn't know that about him, but that was back in the day when I listened to the games on the radio with Gene and Jim, and they'd always point out that fact whenever we played that guy haha.

10. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

Not sure what you are remembering. Kemp (the Blake Griffin of his day) posterized everyone in the league with consistency except Hakeem...

I remember a couple games where Hakeem blocked 3 shots in a row of his-- some vicious dunk attempts. That's called owning.

During the series where the Sonics swept us in '96, you can definitely tell the respect the Sonics (in particular, Kemp) had for Hakeem during interviews. Heck they respected him on the court as well as they were consistent with their double team throughout the series. The first 3 games Hakeem just kicked it out as he believed that is the way the game is played. Game 4, Hakeem channeled his inner-Akeem and took on the double team and still scored.

Back to the thread topic, if I had to pick a silent killer in that series it would be Nate McMillan. He just made efficient decisions on offense and was very bothersome on defense despite being hurt. Perkins and Shrempf were also annoying but Nate had been killing us in past series with them and that 96 series was no exception.