1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**Official McGrady/Pistons 2010 Regular Season Thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. jlwee

jlwee Member

T-mac has been ISO-ed!

2. Tmac_fan

Tmac_fan Member

tmac needs to get out of there, he belongs to a contender, coach q is dumb for not playing tmac

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only player on the roster to get a coach's dnp.

Interesting.

He is just unlucky, right?

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

It is sure connected with the 'Philadelphis' game when he missed the practice. I belive he was really sick but coach felt like he did it on purpose. That made Tracy kinda mad and he went off on Kuester.

Tracy may become the next Rip now. He is really frustrated.

Tracy: "You have to ask Mr. Kuester that. He hasn't said anything to me about not playing.

T-Mac: "My job is to come in here, do my role, whatever that is, I don't know. Am I disappointed? I want to play."

Tracy: "Nothing surprises me anymore. So Mr. Kuester decided not to play me."

Too many players on one team are DONE with one coach. Kuester should leave and it should be HIS decision. You can tell he doesn't care about winning games AT ALL.

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

McGrady didn't take any warmup shots during pregame and DaJuan Summers played as the backup small forward.

that means something, right?

6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Dont understand why people are blaming Kuester for this.

The reality is that T-Mac misjudged his own leverage in this situation (it seems to be a chronic issue he suffers from). He's on a one year deal for the veteran minimum and probably should have thought twice before partaking in the mutiny....

7. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Happy birthday Tracy lovers. This guy sure has changed, lol. Tracy is poison and I hope you all get your fill. :)

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Well when your told the coach isn't going to be around and veterans you respect are boycotting the coach it was a no win situation for him. Unfortunatntly he chose the worse of the two.

9. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

well, id agree with tmac's decision.

they benched rip because of a trade. and even when it didnt happen, Q still benched him. that pissed big ben, tayshaun and id understand that tmac would be bothered about it.

you bench a veteran and a champion like Rip for no reason, that's pure bs. tmac has been iso'd before so he knows what its like for rip, so he's sided with the players instead of the clueless coach.

if this keeps up, tmac should ask dumars for a buyout and go to another team. he's shown that he still has something left in the tank and he can help any team's 2nd unit.

10. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

FYI - any buyout at this point will exclude him from any team's playoff roster.

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That's interesting point of view. I like the buyout idea.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Look at LeBron. He manhandles his coach and Spoelstra just takes it like a little b****. But people blame Spoelstra for that. What's with the double-standard for Tracy?

As much of a stupid decision as it was to side with the players, Kuester is an absolute piss-poor coach. Everyone loses in this situation.

13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Lebron can get away with it because he's still on top of the game. Tracy is still just a shell of his former self, and not a crucial part to a winning team.

It's just sad seeing this happen again. We thought it was just a unique situation in Orlando, and then it happened to us. Now, it's happening for the third time in a row. Some variation of malcontent. Tracy, your head is too big for even the NBA. I don't know if I've ever seen a guy with more ego issues (maybe T.O.), albeit in a very passive-aggressive way.

14. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

This. I think there are some fans who allow their fandom to obscure the facts in front of them, and there are 'dissenters' who look for an opportunity to bash. For the most part, I've always been a defender of T-Mac, but after this latest run-in its becoming difficult to find excuses to his defense.

The fact that he's sat out three games should give some credence to the idea that he was, in some way/shape/form, involved/participated in the staged protest. As you rightly pointed out, his passive-aggressive dissent was tolerated due to his on court performance in the past. Right now, his age, salary, and playing skills no longer warrant that level of tolerance, and its why he's finding himself in this position.

15. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

It's McGrady's fault without a doubt, cause we all know about his off-court issues

But right now it's not just on him. When coach already has a lot of problems with more than a half of his active players, this couldn't be just on Mac, Rip or Prince

And you can forgive it for an elite coach, like Sloan or Rick (HOF, without any doubt), but when you are talking about unproven coach with bad results, it's something else.

We should blame T-Mac for what he did but instead of Rockets situation with Rick, we should blame his coach too. Cause he already lost his team and his job. But Dumars can't fire him because of incomes, outcomes and other stuff that is bothering Pistons sales and he don't want to add another couple of million for Kuester cover, insurance or some other ****

16. number22

number22 Member

If you don't practice you don't play, Tracy. I see nothing wrong with that.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Where is the Spiegal guy that said people were hating on T--mac when we said the reports that he was really sick was just a coverup?

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Good idea except it's too late for McGrady to land on another team.

The Pistons should just release him. It does no good at all to keep him around.

19. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

it's time to close an epic thread

Hope he'll be waived tomorrow

20. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

team like a Nets should be interested