1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 123, Nets 108

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

You forgot to put

T. Williams plus/minus: -10. Worst on the team by far

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

yeah that happened to a lot of people that got traded. Noticed that with Devin Harris and some others when I was looking at the box score. Guess they have database issues right now.

3. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

I am really impressed by what I saw with Dragic.. this guy just had a shoot around with the Rockets and he goes out there and performs like a champ.. Lowry better be nervous

4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Thabeet sucks...

5. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

your point is? he only play 10 minutes and btw goran dragic was -8 so how is that by far?

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Good to see the team start this post-deadline season off with a nice victory. A lot of it can be credited to playing the pile of garbage known as the New Jersey Nets, but I'll definitely take it.

Chase looked great in the starting lineup. It seemed to me that just having the guy out there kind of took the pressure off of everyone. No longer did they have two guys that the defense could just forget about covering. The other team actually had to worry about Chase too, and it opened the offense up a little bit. Hopefully he continues with this aggressiveness he's shown the past two games, because that's exactly what the Rockets need out of him.

Dragic is going to be a bit of a process right now. He obviously doesn't know much about the guys he's playing with, and he just looked uncomfortable. When he gets out in transition, though... watch out. It's pretty much automatic points.

Terrence Williams seemed over-excited a little bit, and I kind of expected that. He's getting his first real playing time with the Rockets, and it happens to be against his old team so I kind of figured he'd be looking to do a little too much. He did some good things, but overall he just forced up bad shots too much.

Thabeet... well, he's going to need some work, but I think we all knew that.

7. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

Great game for Chase! Hopefully he can continue this against Ariza tomorow.
    Felt like Twill was trying to hard and forcing it..

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Man D-Will is going to get the hell out of New Jersey QUICK, FAST, & IN A HURRY!!!!
    He just looks like he's visiting. Probably still in shock. Had a great game though.

9. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Has that ever coined before?
    If not, then +1 for you sir!

Nice.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Devin Harris also played :grin::grin:

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

The one Dragic play I really liked was a no-look over the shoulder pass he kind of casually made and hit his man (I forget who he was passing to now). He's never played with this team and he's already doing stuff like that. You can tell he's learned a thing or two from Nash.

12. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Shane +23 tonight:mad:

13. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

For all of you who've been saying the Rockets are boring, that 1st half was really fun !!!

14. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

Nice win. Sometimes beating up on teams like the Nets is just what the doctor ordered, especially now with these younger guys playing more.

Anyone who was expecting more from Terrence than what was given tonight only have themselves to blame for their disappointment. He hasn't been playing. Of course he's going to come in and be a little bit off, and be a little bit antsy. It should have been expected. His late turnover was ugly, but it was meaningless, too. He did okay.

Chase was absolutely awesome. Probably his best game to date. If he can build on this and continue to show that confidence and aggressive mentality, look out. I want to see how responds when his shot isn't falling, though. Will he go back to being essentially invisible for the remainder of the game? Or will he learn how to forget the misses?

Like I said in the first half, I really like Goran's pit bull mentality. He'll have to learn to dial it back at times eventually, but his energy was very refreshing, especially on the defensive end.

I don't know how anybody can draw any kind of conclusions about Hasheem. He didn't get to play long enough to do anything. All he showed us tonight that he has a rather uncanny ability to pick up a foul within a minute of his entering the game. He's tall, he's thin, he's raw, and he fouls too much. We already knew all that.

Overall, I'm quite happy with the effort and the energy of the team tonight. The new guys definitely brought a spark, and guys like Chase capitalized. Throw in Kevin putting in what is now a typical Kevin performance, and you have a recipe for a pretty fun team to watch.

It's just one game, and it was against one of the worst teams in the league, but I like what I saw.

15. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

With Thabeet gone, Haddadi had a double double (2nd 2 blocks) in 20 minutes.

That is the guy I wanted!

16. engr chris

engr chris Member

You cannot blame TWIll. Being on the bench for that long can have negative effects on you especially your confidence

17. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

This^^^^^ lol

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You should be our new GM.:grin:

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

finally Twill free'd and he had some good moments other times you could tell he was forcing it a bit much and his was a bit lost on defense during transitions. I think as he gets some more time and settles down and realizes that he is going to get around 10-15 a game now he'll be a lot better.

Same goes with Dragic he just was not in a good position of trying to organize the 2nd unit when he hasnt really even had a practice with them but his aggression on defense was nice to see. The way he constantly attacked the basket was refreshing to see always pushing the ball soon he will be able to set up his teammates as he becomes more familiar with them.

Thabeet well at least he saw the floor he probably wont see it again until the next blowout win or loss.

The road trip though will speak volumes though for this team.

Also Chase played extremely well tonight, I know its the nets but still he probably played the best I have seen him play.

Also I absolutely love that Patterson is getting more minutes than Hill.

20. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

Good. Thabeet will be our Milicic... XD