1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need help! UPS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Smokey, Oct 18, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

UPS made a delivery attempt while I was in class, and I need the package today. Where in Austin is UPS headquarters? I've been dealing with their automated service, and can't find anything. Please help.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If I remember correctly it us up on 290 north, just east of I-35. That is where their distribution center is..

Found it here:

UPS CENTER
    UPS CUSTOMER COUNTER
    9020 TUSCANY WAY
    AUSTIN, TX 78754
    800-742-5877

Here are the directions ..

9020 TUSCANY WAY
    AUSTIN, TX 78754

DIRECTIONS DISTANCE
    1 Turn right on E 5TH ST and travel East. 0.3 miles
    2 Turn left on RED RIVER ST and travel North. 0.1 miles
    3 Turn right on E 7TH ST and travel East. 0.2 miles
    4 Turn left on N I H 35/INTERREGIONAL HWY N/N INTERREGIONAL HWY and travel North. 0.2 miles
    5 Turn left on the ramp to I 35 N/US HWY 290/US HWY 81 bearing North. 0.1 miles
    6 Continue onto I 35 N/US HWY 290/US HWY 81 and travel North. 3.5 miles
    7 Exit to the right on EXIT 238B to N I H 35 bearing North. 0.2 miles
    8 Continue on N I H 35 and travel North. 0.1 miles
    9 Turn right on E HIGHWAY 290 and travel East. 0.4 miles
    10 Continue on the ramp to US HWY 290/US HWY 290 E/E HIGHWAY 290 bearing East. 0.2 miles
    11 Continue on US HWY 290/US HWY 290 E/E HIGHWAY 290 and travel East. 2.0 miles
    12 Turn left on CROSS PARK DR and travel North. 0.2 miles
    13 Turn right on EXCHANGE DR and travel Northeast. 0.6 miles
    14 Turn right on TUSCANY WAY and travel East. 0.1 miles

All of this can be found at UPS.com

DD

3. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

There's a good chance you'll be screwed.

If the driver didn't drop it, it will still be on his truck. He may not return to the DC until after they shut down the desk.

4. Old School

Old School Member

UPS sucks...I ordered a $250 Handspring Visor PDA a couple years ago. They just left the box sitting on the step of my apartment door. Anyone could have come along and picked it up but luckily I got to it first.

os

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I believe you have to sign a statement authorizing UPS to do this...perhaps a previous resident at your apartment signed it before you moved in and UPS didn't pay attention when the occupant changed.

6. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Dial the 1-800 number again and press "0" right away. It'll take you to an operator. If it takes you to another recording, press "0" again and that should work.

I just went through this turmoil a few days ago.
    I missed a package so the notice said "will attempt again on Teusday AFTER 5:00pm".
    I get home at 3:30 the next day and they had already left the final notice! :mad:
    I now had to go to the main pickup center to get my parcel.
    SKREW THAT! I called the 1-800 number and insisted they deliver the package today or the next day and they did!

7. Smokey

I just came back from the DC. They didn't have my package :(

You are correct. The woman I talked to gave me two phone numbers to call after 7 PM (when the desk is shutdown) to pick up my package. I asked her "isn't the customer service closed?". She's like "Yes, but you can still get your package".

I'm pretty much screwed if I don't get it today. Thing is I had Next Day Saver Air (meaning the package was supposed to be delivered after 3 PM, when I would be home). I had no clue the dude was coming at 10 AM. I could have easily skipped class...damn.

8. drapg

drapg Member

a UPS truck driver almost ran over me today. I hate them with a passion now. He didn't even try to slow down, he just honked at me while turning.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, spit it out...what is it??

:)

10. Smokey

It's a book I need for an essay due Monday. I waited until Thursday to start shopping for it. Both Co-ops sent it back to the publisher, no libraries had it, and no bookstores in Austin had it so I ordered it next day saver for $15. Yes I'm a dumbass for waiting. I don't think I can bs on the essay without the book.

I just called up UPS and they said my driver will be in around 6:45 so I'm off to pick up my book or wait...

11. Smokey

Got the book :D

Took 2 trips to the DC on Tuscany Way. Thanks everyone. Now I gotta read :(

12. cuttino

cuttino Contributing Member

Just a quick (positive) experience I recently had:

I had a notice at my door that a delivery attempt was made & they required a signature at delivery. Since I work weekdays (yeah, real weird, huh?), it would have been impossible for me to be there to sign for it. So I logged on to ups.com & changed the delivery instructions to indicate I would pick up the package at their distribution center (which was somewhere in Sugarland).

As it turns out, the driver was still making his rounds & received notice of the change in instructions. Figuring that I must have come home, he made a second trip to my house & I was able to avoid the 20 mile trip to the distribution center!

13. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

It is up to the shipper whether they want to require a signature for delivery. If not they will just leave it. That happened when they delivered my Dad's new computer this week. :eek:

A few weeks ago UPS tried to deliver when I was out. They left my Sopranos Third Season DVD set at my apartment door. When I got home it was not there. I didn't find out until I checked my buy.com account online and saw that it supposedly had been delivered. I contacted buy.com and they sent me another one.

14. drapg

drapg Member

when i bought a computer off of ubid.com (i hate ubid), the UPS people left it at my door too! this was when i was living in not the nicest of neighborhoods. imagine my surprise to see it still at my front door when i got home from work!

15. Old School

Old School Member

I was the first one to live in my apartment. Sometimes deliveries would be left in the apartment office which I had no problem with. I guess they were just too lazy to leave it there.

os

16. Smokey

One other thing, when I was picking up the package it felt like Dave Attell was going to pop out. The cool thing is you can pick up a package at anytime as long as you have an Info Notice (failed delivery). One of the security guards looked like Carroll Dawson. Also saw some protestors at the enterance of the parking lot (something about Bush). No time to read, I just wanted my package!

17. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

that should go under the 1000 signs that you're a rockets fanatic...when you think people start to look like rockets management.

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

UPS left my Rockets season tickets in front of the house. :mad:

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Many apartments will not allow UPS/Mail deliveries at their front office. How stupid is that. Is it really that hard to provide that service?

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

And even if they do allow it they can be very stupid. I had a package delivered to my girlfriends apartments. The UPS guy left it in the office, but there was no note or anything on her door. Stupid apartment people didn't call either. I had gotten it from ebay and ended up leaving the poor guy a negative feedback. :(