1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ricky Rubio or Aaron Brooks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pcann, Feb 5, 2011.

1. pcann

pcann Member

I know none of you'll trust Ingram and I take this quote with a grain of salt but the point is would you trade Brooks for Rubio?

1 person likes this.
  2. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Yes. Brooks is up for extension, and with Lowry already eating up starter's minutes, it only makes sense to trade Brooks. Rubio is unproven at the NBA level, but has the kind of ability that, if developed, could be devastatingly entertaining. He is young and could also be part of a trade package that nets us a high caliber player too.

3. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Yes. AB wants his $ and I doubt he's gettin it here eps. The way Lowry is plai g AB for Rubio I would do that.

4. The Situation

The Situation Member

Rubio + 1st for Brooks

Hope it happens

5. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Rubio is great..but still no Center.. :rolleyes:

6. laneh

laneh Member

AB, Scola and Picks for Love and Rubio please :grin:

7. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

I would probably do it.

I think the jury is still out on just how good Rubio is going to be in the NBA. You hear some people saying that he peaked early and isn't going to get much better. Others will tell you that he is going to be a superstar and is better suited for the NBA. I would be willing to roll the dice.

I remember watching him against Team USA in the Olympics when he was around 18 years old, competing against Chris Paul, Wade, Lebron, Kobe and everyone else on that team. He controlled the ball consistently found good shots for his team. I remember several of the Team USA guys saying how impressed they were after the game.

I think we've seen the best we're going to see from Aaron Brooks. His quickness makes him a mismatch problem on a nightly basis, but so does his lack of strength. He's a streaky volume shooter who's probably best bringing instant offense off the bench, but he also doesn't seem to be content filling this role. He's kind of a rich man's Earl Boykins.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First off, let me say that AB has gotten a raw deal from some here. The guy hasn't fully recovered his form since his injury and will play through it. Personally, I still see Brooks as a stud.

That said if we could get Rubio for Brooks + filler/a pick I'd do it in a heartbeat. The kid is pure win .....and will be golden in the Association.

9. mazinger

mazinger Member

What is there to think about? Unless Brooks is involved in another trade to bring a proven center, then we have nothing to lose. Kings want Brooks too so maybe now we can force something better out of either team if they really want Brooks.

10. Relentless

Relentless Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. mrjuandiego1988

si por favor! :) :grin:

12. mrjuandiego1988

do.not.get ....plz enlighten me

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Where are you getting 'this quote' from? He said:

1) The Timberwolves asked about Aaron Brooks (true; Y! Sports reported that several months ago. Thanks for 'revealing' that to all of us though, Bill!)

2) The Timberwolves have been linked to Nash

No where did he say that the Timberwolves were offering Rubio for Brooks; in fact, the only thing that they offered that was reported was Johnny Flynn. He's just throwing crap against a wall and seeing what sticks.

14. AFS

AFS Member

Is Rubio ever gonna even come to the NBA?

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'd trade Lowry for him but not Brooks.

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Rubio is like Kidd minus all the physical tools and the shot. He's not strong,quick,or fast. Great vision and ball handler, but has slow feet. So he's going to struggle againstall the quick pg's and all the big strong pg's.

17. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Rubio >>>> Brooks

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

iow, all the pgs? haven't seen him since the olympics so I will reserve judgement, but I thought the same thing.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Rubio is going to get a rude awakening. I see him becoming like a Dragic; semi-reliable backup player, but not the superstar that you guys pan him out to be.

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Kidd didn't have an outside shot for the first part of his career, it was actually awful as I'm sure you are aware. Rubio could probably develop a shot over time. I'm not sure if Rubio would struggle as you say lee, he looked good against the US national team and got rave reviews from CP3.

For those of you who want to go young and rebuild, getting Rubio would be a risk probably worth taking. Rubio's game is probably better suited for the NBA so I'm not worried about his numbers in the euro league.

All of this is hypothetical of course, LongTimeFan is right about Ingram, he knows absolutely nothing.

If given the opportunity to get Rubio, I'd want the Rockets to do it, it's time for changes. Of course Still need to acquire that 5 spot though.