1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**Official McGrady/Pistons 2010 Regular Season Thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

The message number 3000

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qayuBdYh0kA?fs=1&amp;hl=ru_RU"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qayuBdYh0kA?fs=1&amp;hl=ru_RU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

oooh, not so much... ;)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PKggO62YPs4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PKggO62YPs4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

3. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VJcdO0VP4Gc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VJcdO0VP4Gc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    :grin: :grin:

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

and all you are doing is further contributing to the "litter".

i was actually staying on topic and not only discussing mcgrady, but specifically his stats for the month of january and i get viciously and maliciously attacked for it. im starting to feel like the sarah palin of the bbs and its not just b/c my legs look good in a miniskirt - its these vicious personal attacks...its blood libel, is what it is. i now know exactly how she feels, but i will not succumb....nay, i will draw on the strength that sarah has shown though this difficult time in her life and stay strong.

and imo, the trolls are the people who engage in personal attacks against those who are critical of mcgrady. they are unable to refute any of the content and instead turn to vitriolic name calling and slanderous, blood-liebelous attacks.

as much as tinman or i or anyone else who doesnt think mcgrady is the bees knees have posted in here, i would bet there are just as many posts from TOFs who get upset and attack other posters for criticizing their hero. what do any of those posts have to do w/ official mcgrady/pistons 2010 regular season activity? do you consider their posts "litter" as well?

5. jo mama

i know, right?. i thought i was doing all the hardcore tracy mcgrady fans a favor by posting his most up-to-the-minute stats for the month of january and it turned into this whole cesspool of negativity and namecalling.

you just cant please some people, huh?

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i think that includes you

7. jo mama

me? why, heavens to betsy, what did i do? :confused:

8. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

So how is the official 2011 tracy circle jerk thread going?

9. number22

number22 Member

151 pages of pure bliss

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am a a big TF, a YF, an RF, and an overall BF (Basketball fan).

I think 85% of the people on this site are RF's - and not just those who joined in 1999. I lurked this site for a few years before joining and I have to say this site is better now than ever. I know many people (old timers claim it was better than)...forget it. I'd rather be a part of a fan base 50K strong than 5K any day.

I don't get why people complain about which player they are passionate about. As if you can't love certain players on a different team. I love the game of basketball. I am a Rockets fan because of sentimental reasons going to games with my dad but that doesn't make me any more or less of a fan. I'm sick of people saying one fan is better or worse than another. Or that if you just started following the Rockets 2 years ago that makes you less. Or if you didn't care about the internets in 1999 and were off getting laid or whatever you're somehow less of a fan. That's stupid. It's great that some people really are obsessed and the Rockets mean everything to them, I respect that. I really do, but it's absolutely pathetic to claim that somehow one is a "superstar" fan because of their "join" date. If you have to use that as a badge of honor, than you might as well strap a big L on your forehead.

Do I think it's ridiculous to mention T-mac in the same breadth as Hakeem? Of course. Hakeem is my favorite basketball player of all-time. I use to practice his moves and try to do everything the way he did it (failing of course). It was awesome.

So why take that away from some of the younger guys who feel that way about T-mac, Yao, Francis or anyone else. They might not be as good as Hakeem or Drexler, they may not be worthy of being mentioned in the same breadth...but c'mon - let people aspire to be whomever they want. There's no need to step all over them for it.

3 people like this.
  11. fmp087

fmp087 Member

damn, so much sensitivity in this thread

[​IMG]
    anyone?

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I appreciate you trying to be the Stephen A Smith of the group and getting the message across to everyone.

However I don't think they are stopping, they need to be responsible for their own actions. they need to look in the mirror and say "it's on me".

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

"Responsibility for own actions." Tinman no comprende. Tinman nunca comprende nada.

Also... Cheesy reference is cheesy.

14. jo mama

awesome! you just made this thread 30 points better!

15. cuddie

cuddie Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1D-CSrZzYfc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1D-CSrZzYfc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. roksoer

roksoer Member

lol i thought it would be waaay worse but it's actually pretty funny

17. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Anyone hoping to see T-Mac have another good outing against the celtics tonight? If you ask me I'm gonna be watching Houston vs. New York BUT I'll have my iPhone in hand to check in on Tracy

Another funny Tracy commercial:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okYQKF1924k&sns=em

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LMAO this thread is sad on so many levels. i also think its hilarious that the two with the most posts in this thread aren't even tmac fans......or are they?!? DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

Give it up to tinmac and jo mamac for committing so much of their time in this Tracy McGrady thread. You know Tracy McGrady is the greatest human being of all-time when people who supposedly hate him, can't stop thinking and talking about him.

19. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

Haters always put more attention on tmac news than fans. XD
    If you do not like a people, you will ignore all news about him.
    If you hate a people, you will find any news about him and feel happy when he has some bad news... =.='

20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

lol @ tinmac and jo mamac. well done, sir.