1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dorrell Wright and Michael Beasley, did you know they were this good?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Jan 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Beasley...Yes because he has quite a bit of potential

Wright...No, totally didn't see this coming

2. manlisten

manlisten Member

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you really haven't seen much of either player this year and are basing your opinion almost exclusively on stats. Beasley's rebounds have likely gone down because 1. He plays further from the basket now (PF to SF) and 2. He plays with the best rebounder in the league now. He has the green light because he's the best scorer on the team and he shoots a lot because he keeps the Wolves in games, especially in the final minutes. Speaking of the Wolves, they're a losing team now but if they can get Mayo/Randolph/Rubio they're going to be a problem.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Why would they want or need Zach Randolph when they have Kevin Love?

I'm assuming you're talking about Zach and not Anthony?

4. manlisten

manlisten Member

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Better question is: why is Dorell Wright playing 40 mpg???

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

Wright's stats are inflated wit that Warriors team, hell I could look decent if I played for them.

Beasley had a lot of pressure in Miami and played at the four. Now he plays at the 3 for a crappy team. Miami was a bad fit.

7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I think he's referring to Anthony Randolph. There were published rumors that he's being targeted by them, and they are no longer insterested in Mayo due to the Tony Allen confrontation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Timberwolves-eyeing-Knicks-Anthony-Randolph-?urn=nba-305453

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Dorrell Wright, whoa, I gotta say I didn't see this guy arriving this time

Beasley? Heck yea, I knew he was legit. But too much pressure in Miami been under close watch nationally just because he is the second best player to Dwyane Wade. Now in Minnesota, he can do anything he wants. ANd he is thriving.!

9. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Wright is a product of the Warriors system.

Beasley has always been a great talent.

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

huh...? :confused: :confused: :confused:

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Beasley: Hell yeah!
    Wright: Who?

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

With Beasley defense has something do with it. He was being played as a PF in Miami and constantly got abused, which is why he got benched. In Minnesotta nobody cares about defense, and Beasley can score all the pts he wants and it'll look like he's breaking out. He can take 20 attempts a game, make 38% and post up double digits. There's no need to worry about rebounding either, since Love gets all the rebs anyway. So just shoot and score and work on his 3 pt shot. LMAO those probably have more to do with his increased stats than actual development on his part. I'm not sure he's smart enough to even understand the triangle, considering he's probably zonked out from weed every single day.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Possible Lebron fan. Are we talking about the same Wade that led his team to a championship?

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

kobe fan, lebron hater.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

I don't understand why individual success always equates bringing out the best in your teammates. Shaq has never been known to bring out the best in people, in fact he created controversy and feuded very publicly with Kobe and Nash.

I'm not necessarily defending Beasley or saying Wade sucks at leadership, but being the best player on the championship is different from actually leading people. That Miami team was full of vets, in fact Dwade was probably the youngest on the squad. I doubt he did much leading on and off the court. LOL can you imagine him giving a pep talk and motivating Shaq, Gary Payton and Alonzo Mourning?

This is as stupid as saying only ex-NBA players make good GMs/and or coaches because they have actually "played the game".