1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by moose, Dec 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. moose

moose Member

Anyone ever been to Colorado Springs. It looks like a beautiful place to live. My dad is moving to there for a contract job and he'll be living alone. He was wondering if its okay to drive up there in this time of the year. Do we have to worry about snow? Also what is there to do there?

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't know a ton about Colorado Springs, but I live in Colorado. Obviously it is not a huge town, but it is a good size in a good location. I never hear anything bad about the area (except from hippie liberals in Boulder who claim all the ignorant conservative live there).

Its less than an hour of a Denver where there is a ton to do. Also a pretty quick and easy 2 hour drive the the mountains (much easier drive than the one from Denver, I-70 is a pain in the ass). Lots of outdoor stuff to do all over Colorado if he likes to do that kind of thing.

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

not to sound like a dirty hippie, but colorado springs is full of ignorant conservatives. there are a ton of military bases there as well as NORAD's central command.

its also full of evangelicals - it is the home of focus on the family - i took a nice big dump in their hq once and did not flush. i had just spent a few days camping in new mexico and was heading up to boulder (lafayette, actually) and nature called right as i was passing by their main building.

garden of the gods is there though, and thats a pretty cool place to spend a couple hours.

[​IMG]

4. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

As it's been pointed out, it's a fairly conservative area. But it is gorgeous. I second the Garden of the Gods recommendation. Also, it's close enough to Denver that you can make it up there for any sporting events/concerts that don't hit the Springs.

Um, you're going to get snow, yes. Although we're having the mildest winter in a long time right now. The mountains are supposed to get hit this week, but I don't think the Springs will. I know Denver/Boulder won't.

5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

In the summer take a drive or train up Pikes Peak.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I haven't been in a very long time (I was there for a soccer tournament at the Air Force Academy in the early 90's), but I do remember it being a very nice town. Pikes Peak is awesome.

7. Garner

Garner Member

I drove through Colorado Springs Saturday actually.

I drove my 2 wheel drive truck up there no problem. There isn't much snow at the moment in New Mexico so the Raton Pass is no big deal.

What little time i spent there on a few separate occasions, i really like the city.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I have driven through the Raton pass a number of times in the winter with no problem. To the extent there is a potential problem whenever your drive date is, you can always just come in from the east as well

I think the others have done a fairly solid job describing the town. Liveable, beautiful, leans conservative, close to Denver, close to mountains, air force base, Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak...

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

No matter. The stain of your sin has been wiped away already... :grin: