1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do we still want Cousins After Hill Shut him Down??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by infinitidoug, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

lol so true

2. delta69er

delta69er Member

IMHO Cousins has great potential to be great, but im not sure i want us taking on a troubled rookie and to be honest after watching the guy throw elbows and lowering his shoulder at our guys today it felt really damn good watching jordan hill shut his a$$ down

3. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Uhhmmmmm

That is a big if.....

My take with relatives, friends, neighbors amd celebrities :grin: is that very rarely do psychos take their meds on a regular enough basis to even approach normal.

Ron Artest anyone?

4. davestrate

davestrate Member

After closely watching him tonight I can honestly say i really dislike the guy. Call him young or whatever, his demeanor on the court has such a negative aura to it that im beginning to understand why so many are against him. You can tell he was purposely trying to get under our skin and if that's his game let the Kings deal with that crap. I'd rather keep Hill even if his ceiling is lower than cousin's.

1 person likes this.
  5. txtodd

txtodd Member

About the only thing I see even possibly keeping this kid down, is food.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am not sure his ceiling is lower.....it is different, but Cousins can barely get off the ground, he will be limited by his lack of athleticism, and height.

He wants to play like Shaq and Dwight Howard, but is not as big, and will struggle against longer taller guys....that can hold their own and are quicker than him.

I don't see Superstar in either of them, I see good starter for both, but in different ways....

Stick with Hill, he fits better in Houston as a shot blocking, rebounding, quick big....which is what we need...DESPERATLY.

DD

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Cousins will be needed instead of Scola, he will play best at the Power Forward. Hill will play the back up Power Forward. :p

8. rockets4llday

rockets4llday Member

I say get cousins. We really need his toughness which is like a Ron attest like player. Which we all know is lacking

9. Rockets_4_life

Have you seen his measurements? His bigger than Dwight Howard..

He measured 6'11, with a ridiculous wingspan at 7'6 and also posses a 9'5 standing reach.. How in the world does he lack size??

Cousins is still learning how to use his body in the post. Like Calipari said, his is one of the most unfinished products in the draft, his extremely raw. But once he starts harnessing that enormous potential, he could become a monster.....a true franchise player...

10. Durrby

Durrby Contributing Member

I disagree. Did you see the size of the crowd (or lack thereof) for the game last night? If the Kings keep only winning 20% of their games they are going to have to make a significant trade which means either trading Cousins or Evans.

Evans has more flash and Cousins has more trade value so the Kings will probably focus on building around Evans and trading Cousins when the time comes. I don't think it was a coincidence that after the Kings had reported trade discussions with Morey for AB that media reports said that the Kings have no interest in trading Cousins and then it was reported a few days later that the Rockets wouldn't trade Brooks for anything less than an elite talent. Plus, Sam Amick at Fanhouse.com just did a fluff piece on Cousins about how he is misunderstood and is good guy. Which obviously is an attempt by Cousins and the Kings to soften his image. My guess is that both teams are in a stare down until the trade deadline. Which is good for us because the Rockets are getting better and the Kings aren't. So as the losses mount and the deadline nears the pressure will be great for the Kings to pull the trigger. My guess is that the Rockets have a 50-50 shot at getting Cousins at the deadline, especially since the Kings have replaced the Grizzlies as the Rockets go to trade partner and we have the type of trade assets that the Kings want (talent on rookie salaries plus draft picks) in return.

11. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

I was at the game last night and I have to say Cousin was by far the most impressive player on the king's team BY FAR. Dude just destroys people in the paint. Hill is a nice player but IMO Cousin is stronger, more skilled, and plays with more passion, he is a level above Hill.

12. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

moving evans is not even an idea in sacromento let alone a trade proposal. evans is like the only good player on that team this year.

13. BeARocketsFan

BeARocketsFan Member

The Kings will keep Cousins over any other player, including Evans. Cousins is the real deal, looked like Shaq last night bumping (fouling?) Miller. Evans could turn out to be an overrated Allen Iverson who can't play with anybody.

14. ToNyV

ToNyV Member

Why not.to bad donnie walsh isn't. There Gm :grin:

15. herro

herro Member

both please...

kthx

16. Durrby

I agree with you that's why I said that Cousins, not Evans, would be the one traded if the Kings wanted to pull the trigger. The Kings only have 2 big trade options and they showed their commitment to Evans last year when they traded Martin to the Rockets. If you remember the Kings shot down the idea of trading Martin at the beginning of last season and then out of nowhere traded him to the Rockets at the deadline. When Morey was asked why he thought the Kings traded Martin, he said it was because Landry was the type of player that the Kings wanted in return along with the salary cap relief. So when you hear that the Kings are aggressively pursuing AB it isn't hard to believe that Cousins could be traded to the Rockets out of the blue right before the trade deadline because you know Morey isn't going to do a trade with them unless Cousins is included in it.

I'm just saying history could repeat itself that's why I think there is a 50-50 chance of getting Cousins.

17. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

$10 tip jar bet, Cousins doesn't go anywhere. If he gets traded anywhere this year you win, I donate to Clutch's tip jar. If he is still a King after the trade deadline this Feb., you kick in to the tip jar.

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I thought morey had people believing blocks are overrated?

19. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

Sac isn't trading Cousins unless he has a major mental meltdown like going into the stands ala' Artest. He's a rookie who's average is 12/7 in 25 min a game and he is very raw. That much potential on a rookie contract? They won't get Brooks without him coming back, and they won't give him to us knowing they might not be able to keep Brooks without a big payday. If the seats are empty, you keep the cheap talent. Brooks isn't enough of a splash to fill seats. I don't see Brooks in Sac or Cousins in Houston.

20. Durrby

Even though I clearly stated that we only had a 50-50 chance of getting him if Sacramento decided to trade him I accept your bet. But every since my 40th birthday my memory has gone to hell. So to insure that I don't squelch on the bet I just got done donating $10 to the tip jar via PayPal to cover my end regardless. If Cousins is traded to the Rockets I will try to remember to donate another $10 to match your contribution.

The only problem I see with the structure of the bet however, is if Cousins isn't traded you win, but as fans we all lose. If he is traded to another team I win, but as fans we all lose. So the only feeling of total victory is if he is traded to the Rockets, in which case I'm guessing you wouldn't mind losing the bet at that point am I right? :grin: