1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Ravens @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 7, 2010.

1. DreamRoxCoogFan

that would require him to have a quarterback that doesn't consistently underthow him the ball. Schab has cost Johnson at least 3 HUGE TD passes this season because he wasn't able to throw it far enough. I'm so tired of seeing Andre having to wait for the ball to get to him. :mad:

2. sccdct34

sccdct34 Member

I agree with this, would be nice for once to see Andre catch a long ball in stride for an easy TD.

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I wish you the best of luck but at this point I doubt Kubiak would even know what hit him if you told him what you were about to do, showed him a picture of the stick, hit him with the stick and then showed him the picture again.

4. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We didn't catch a break by having this game against the Ravens being on Monday night this week. Since the Ravens played a tough, tough game on Sunday Night, playing on MNF gives them an extra day to heal.

I think our best bet would've been playing the Ravens, after the played the Steelers, on Thursday night. Sadly, we didn't get that break this time around.

That being said, we moved the ball ok in the second half of the Jets game. Ran it some with Foster (84 yards and 2 TDs on 22 carries) and spread the ball around some underneath to get some offensive flow.

In my opinion, if we line up in a pro set and try to go vertical, we'll get squashed on offense. We'll need to spread the Baltimore defense out some and work the underneath routes. Dreessen/Walter/Daniels will need to step up and give Matt some good targets to help him protect the ball and himself. Matt's gotta be able to read and diagnose quickly and get the ball out before Ngata and Suggs collapse the pocket on him.

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

We played the Eagles after they had a tough Sunday night road loss on a Thursday, and they still took it to us late. Our only upside here is that we've had a week and a half to heal up and get fresh. Mario and Johnson both needed that in a big way.

Agreed that Schaub needs to have a 2.5 second alarm clock in his head.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Another solid post.

Hit them Patriots style.

7. Garner

Garner Member

[​IMG]
    First Patrick Patterson, now lets bring in Patrick Peterson!

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Currently in a 4-way tie for the #10 pick, and he's projected to go 6th at the moment.

No chance we finish with anything "better" than the #7 pick, and with Tenn in a free fall of their own, I doubt we can creep beyond the #9 pick.

As much as I like him, I don't think you can draft Julio Jones with a defense this atrocious. No other DBs are that enticing in the first half of the 1st round, so maybe we reach or trade back for Nick Fairley and end the Amobi Okoye Fall Back Experience.

#48 emjohn, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  9. conquistador#11

OD, having played the QB position, just gets matt schaub. He knows where he needs to be when schaub is in trouble. I think matt has missed Daniels more than we are led to believe. For some reason, he just doesn't trust the other guys going underneath. So many times he has dreesen open underneath, and instead goes to Andre who is being covered by two defenders. It's all on matt schaub. He needs to be ok with not going for the big yards all at once. I want D anderson in there every other play.

10. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

We need to lose out and go 5-11 ... fire Kubiak ..

and draft...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Problem is... we're prob going to end up 8-8 and getting this guy.

[​IMG]

Sadly, I think Amukamara is no better than Kareem. Almost seems like a Kareem 2.0 with a little more height.

12. Mashing

Mashing Member

That used to not be a problem for Shaub... he's thrown some great deep balls, but not this year. I don't know what's wrong with his arm.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he hasnt been able to step into a lot of throws as teams have been bringing the pressure more and more.

ALso, a lot of the big plays are slow developing so by the time schaub is in position to throw, the WR is already a ways down field.

That being said, Schaub just doesnt have a huge arm.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

ya, I don't remember having to see AJ stop and wait for a pass as much as he's had to do this season.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

We're at that point we're playing for the coaches job again.(See Seattle game last year iirc) 'Everyone rally around and lets win this game and/or the remaining games for Kubes!'

Foster

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I would LOVE Fairly in the first round..maybe draft a LB in the second round?

Sign a veteran corner who can cover and pray that Ryan Broyles is there in the third round.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

2 or 3 years?

HA

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha, let's not hope for that.

Hey Arian, what if I told you a new coach could come in and take you 'there' next year instead of 2-3 years?! :p

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Battle Red! Kaaaaplaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

20. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

This is....true...