1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dexter Season 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by YourSecretLover, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Season 1 is far and away the best, it was the only one that had an actual mystery.

This season started slow but has really picked up since the introduction of the awesomely creepy Jordan Chase.

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Nah, last season with the trinity killer was the best. Every season has been good though

3. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

When Rita died it felt almost like a family member. I hated season 4 for that but it was the best.

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

This season has been great. Can't wait for the finale.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would rank them: 4, 2, 1, 5, 3.

But there is very little difference between them really, all are phenomenal.

6. YourSecretLover

we can all agree that season 3 wasnt as good as the other seasons

7. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

and it was still pretty damn good

8. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. The only consensus seems to be that 3 was (relatively) the worst.

I can see why people might like 4, but for me it was just too tedious for the first 8 or so episodes. Season 5 is like that as well to an extent, but it did pick up a little bit earlier (pretty much as soon as Lumen entered the fray). The big reason I think 2 is the best is that it was white-knuckle almost from the beginning.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

season 4 is a bit overrated, I think the ending made a lot of people love/hate it and that makes it the most memorable. I think Seasons 1 and 2 were just as good. Now that I think about it, 2 might be my favorite.

I also think season 3 is underrated, it may have been the best in terms of character study, the main bad guy in that season was just a little bit weaker.

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought last night was a great episode. I'm a big fan of Lumen now after really disliking her for the first few episodes. I really hope that she sticks around with Dexter.

However, I'm afraid. Every guest character has been killed off in the show. Lilah, Miguel and Trinity were all offed. I hope they don't do the same with Lumen.

I read somewhere else that Deb really seems on the fast track to discover what Dexter is all about and it seems like she is. I'm personally less interested in the Jordan Chase story line (a good one, but I think we all know how it will ultimately end) and more invested in the Dex/Lumen relationship and what's going to happen with Liddy. Will Dexter have to break the code to take out Liddy?

11. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i think 4's shock ending really caught alot of ppl by surprise and maybe what everyone remembers the most but to be fair that whole season was going on strong up to the final episode. just so many things going on.

if theres one thing i wish they did for the series it would have to be that they did not kill off doakes so early. i love the scenes where dexter would come in to office and basically buddy up to everyone with a box of donuts in his hands and doakes would be the one guy who suspects dexter of who he really is. technically the discovery of dexter's chopped off body parts in the ocean floor couldve been made later on in the series.

i like lumen basically replacing rita except she knows who dexter really is. rita wouldve been a useless character had she not been killed. another season of being a housewife not knowing husband's a killer. the writers are brilliant.

12. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I'm surprised to see so much love for season 2. I loved Doakes, but the whole Miss "Pardon My t***" sub-plot was just painfully bad.

Season 4 was on a level above everything else. Lithgow was phenomenal. The scene where he broke Jonah's hand sent shivers down my spine.

13. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Yeah, I hated Lila's character so much that it brought down the season for me.

And the thanksgiving episode of Season 4 may be the best hour of television ever. It was that good. Not to mention Lithgow gave an amazing performance and I was on edge the whole season. And it all culminated in a powerful ending. Thats why I love season 4 so much.

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Call me crazy but I have a hunch that Jordan Chase is actually two different people...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. trustme

trustme Member

That would BLOW my mind. And if true, you just ruined the orgasm for me...

16. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

He did it with Doakes. Liddy was a crooked cop anyway. I think he's toast.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lyla killed Doakes.

Dexter has been breaking the code since I think season 3. He did it last year when he killed that drug dealer, and he did it this year at the gas station.

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

GREAT episode tonight!!!! Can't wait for the finale next week. This season started a little bit slower then usual, but the last 4-5 episodes have been amazing.

Is Quinn ****ed cause he is going to be the prime candidate for Liddys murder? Equipment in his name, blood on his shoe...

What happens to Lumen? Is Dexter able to save her?

What happens to Jordan Chase?

Does Debra finally find out who Dexter is? Who is she pointing the gun at in the spoiler for next week? Doesn't seem like Dexter. Won't be Jordan Chase. Can it be Lumen?

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

WOW, that was a GREAt episode.

and I LOLed at the cat video :)

20. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i loled at the serious reactions from the 2 killers.