1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Heat players questioning if Spoelstra is right coach

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Nov 29, 2010.

1. moreyball

moreyball Member

Instead of firing the coach, can they demote him to assistant and hire someone else? Has this ever happened before?

2. Steve_Francis_rules

Any reason you completely dismissed the players' concerns that Spoelstra runs a horrible offense and is panicking because he's worried about losing his job?

3. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

[​IMG] Should I facepalm?
    [​IMG]

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Already blaming the coach? I guess it has nothing to do with bad chemistry. I had a feeling the Heat would need time to gel, but I didn't think it was going to be like this. Pointing fingers and its not even December.

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

No way LBJ can handle Riley.

I hate him more every day. Funny, considering I was a fan before The Decision.

I'm debating on editing this before I get an email from Jemele Hill telling me I am a racist.

6. RainbowPoop

RainbowPoop Rookie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I was still a Lebron fan after the Decision. But, he's slowly losing me.

8. Steve_Francis_rules

Kurt Rambis was kept on as part of Phil Jackson's staff when Jackson was brought in to LA in 1999. But Rambis was only the interim head coach. I'm not aware of it ever happening with a real head coach.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I'm sure Riley is gonna let them play out the season and succeed or fail without him. Riley knows if James/Wade are not going to work then he isn't going to be able to mesh them either. I think he lets them play it out and then if they fail, he waits to see if one of them wants to move on and then he trades that guy for a king's ransom.

10. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Poor Spoelstra, it's not looking good for him, probably gone soon.
    James getting called out about being serious is awesome.

None of us are in the practices, or on the sideline, but I doubt this is mostly Spoelstra's fault. But, it's the same thing, when things are going bad, the coach is always the easiest to single out.

11. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I find Spoelstra very attractive. Just saying.

12. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Good god, who's managing Lebron's image lately.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think Riley is the one coach who could really save the team. Besides being a good coach, he carries a lot of weight by being a legend and also the big boss. The players know Spoelstra can get fired and they know Riley will not be fired. If they get in a confrontation with him, they'll lose. So, if Coach Riley tells them to be serious, they'll be serious.

In that vein, I think the team should take a aggressive stance on team discipline. I'd suspend Lebron James for that insubordinate shoulder bump. Make sure the team knows the coach is the alpha male here and disrespect will not be tolerated. It'll ratchet tension up and Spoelstra will either win respect or else get fired quicker. But, both avenues are preferrable to a lingering insubordination that kills chemistry all season.

14. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

How about Bosh, James and Wade comprise 3/5 of the Heat starting rotation. If you're telling me the coach is to blame here then I suggest the Rockets trade Battier straight-up for Spoelstra, who is apparently a lockdown defender of NBA superstars.

1 person likes this.
  15. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

I was wondering how long (once they started losing) it would take for the finger pointing to start, and who would be the 1st victim...and everyone that's saying SPO runs the worst and most predictable offense in the league, what do you excpet when 2 of your 3 main scorers are guys that HAVE to control the ball. Didn't Lebron run tons of pick and roll and isolation in Cleveland, yes, didn't Wade run tons of pick and roll and isolation last season, yes. You have 2 guys that have the same skill set, and a PF that is highly overrated and hardly go into the paint, mostly relying on 10-20 ft jump shots. Everyone in the world knew that it was going to be nothing but ISO's & Pick and Rolls with Wade & Lebron, without that what do they have, nothing. Both are only decent jump shooters beyond 20 ft, only way you'll resolve that is by sending 1 of them to the bench, and let's see how they respond to that.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Wait, I thought Mike Brown ran the most predictable offense in the league? Do Brown and Spoelstra have anything in common?

17. Mr. Space City

both great defensive coaches who don't know a thing about offense.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Exactly

19. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Henceforth, no thread or topic ever posted again about Lebron James whining or feeling butt-hurt by not being given a special treatment should get past the first page without this video being posted in response:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EalorZaTlI8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EalorZaTlI8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Lebron: "Coach Spoelstra hurt me delicate feelings by calling me out in front of the rest of the team! waaaaaaaaaaah!"

MJ: "maybe...you're just making excuses. Become Legendary!"

20. Prince

Prince Member

this is another of LBJ's ImTheKing attitude. He thinks he can control everything.