1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Htown's2kFinest, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Htown's2kFinest

The way K-mart has been shooting OMG. TS% 65.4 :eek: Look out for a possible update for him soon.

2. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

When's the roster update going to happen for the 360?

3. Htown's2kFinest

Roster update is usually on Fridays unless there's a delay or a big trade that goes down. Big trades usually get updated the day after.

4. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

The Roster update is interesting

i notice they put ish smith in the Rockets now, and also dampier. but we don't even have dampier yet

5. Htown's2kFinest

he'll be out next update.

6. ShadowProphet

ShadowProphet Member

man, its annoying how roster updates delete your downloaded teams. does that happen to everyone else? and what happens to created players?

7. Htown's2kFinest

I told the crew to get a quick update in early for us and they finally took Dampier off and put Ish the Dish in. I played two games just a few minutes ago with Ish and he is amazing. 1st game I had 8pts & 11ast in the first half and the guy quits lol. 2nd game he ended up with POTG with 14pts, 14ast, 2rebs and a steal.

8. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

How about telling them to fix these things.

How a 6' pg out rebound a 6'6 sg who is blocking him out? How does a shorter player in the middle of two taller opponents (99 rebound) grab the rebound when no one jumps for it?

Why does a pg/sg block me out for a rebound in the high post near the three point line every time? Even if they have a low defensive rating they'll still block me out. On the other hand, my defense is 99 and when I press the button to block out, half the times it doesn't work. It used to work every time before I started adding stats to my d.

I was fouled on a lay up and a second later after the whistle, the center in Dallas grabbed me or the ball and threw me down. I get injured and I'm out for a month. When I come back from injury, I'm on the bench and no longer the All-Star on the team. I started the next game and in the press conference they ask me how it's like to be a starter?

Fast forward a month later, I'm jumping up to get a rebound, miss and get a sprained ankle. I'm out for a month again. I start back as a bench player again and didn't get to play the first game and start in the second. I didn't get in the All-Star and Rookie games when I was in the lead because I got injured before it started. I recovered a few days before the games started. I also lose my spot in the MVP race. Is this really how the game is suppose to work?

I have a durability rating of 90 and I get injured twice in three months. That's realistic? When it was on the default of 70 I never got injured.

#968 chow_yun_fat, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  9. da_juice

da_juice Member

Anyone else notice that in My Player the other team's players handcheck? Like they grab on to your arm and contain you with your strength? Which was recently banned? But yet, even when I hold the "intense D" button, I can't stop anybody from driving through the lane.

10. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Happens to me all the time too. It's pretty annoying the my player defense is subpar at best even when my d rating is 99.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That is one of the most annoying things in this game. I run through the crowd to get my defender picked, but whenever I get near the paint suddenly I come to a complete stop....dude is pulling on me.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

What's the deal with 2K and Toyota? "Rocket's Arena"...no Toyota Center.

13. sccdct34

sccdct34 Member

I have always thought the same thing. 2k pays a ton of money for other sponsers, but can't shell out for the right to put Toyota on our Arena.

Maybe its not a money thing and just Toyota would not give the rights...

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

NBA Live was the same way. If I remember correctly, it also didn't say Madison Square Garden, it said "Knicks Arena."

15. sccdct34

sccdct34 Member

That is true, Does NBA 2k11 have it called Madison Square Garden?

I remember the first game to get the rights to the arena was Knockout Kings by EA. Which turned into the great Fight Night series..

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

OK this is pretty frustrating.

I play this game on the PC and lately I've finished a few games and suddenly not able to go to the menu to save my games. After I finish my game, it'll just go to the NBA Headlines (Association Mode) screen and it wouldn't go to the options when I press the key. Basically ALL of the keyboard functions stop working except for the arrow keys.

Anyone else has a similar problem???

I've won some 1 point games with a hard fought game winner. Not being able to save sucks because when I play them again, I usually lose.

****ing POS. I'm close to just abandoning 2k11. My first 2k experience isn't going so well, I'd much rather go back to Live. Never had problems with them.

17. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Are you actually playing the game with the keyboard? Is that even functional? Guess it is possible, but gamepad seems much better. Maybe the game is buggy with keyboard controls?

I never had any problems like that, but I haven't done Association much. Plus I have auto-save on.

I finally got to the All-Star Game, and the game just went crazy when it came to the All-Star selections. I don't know what it was doing. Durant, Melo, Duncan, Yao, etc., all didn't make the All-Star team (Durant was leading in votes for the Forward position too last I saw). Luckily I made the team as a backup.

So who got the starting SF spot? AK47. I didn't even see him in the list whenever I looked for top votes. And he only averaged like 12/6 or something. Sloan was coaching the team for some reason (my Rockets has the best record, not the Jazz), so maybe he had something to do with it.

It IS a mess in so many ways. That said, I'm not sure going back to Live is a great idea given that it was such a mess they had to cancel the game. Though maybe 2K should have canceled this game too...

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yeah I've been playing NBA Live since 98, I think, and that was with my keyboard. I guess it's just a habit. I've tried playing other games with a gamepad and it just doesn't feel right on a computer. It actually works much better for me on a keyboard.

I also HAVE it on autosave, which is what's so frustrating. I feel like hulk smashing the laptop whenever it happens. I've recently updated my roster, so maybe the patch isn't sitting well with my game...

Live wasn't so bad. At least not as bad as people make it seem. Sure we can score 200 in a game, but that's about it. I think Live 2005 was the best basketball game I've played so far. Much better than this 2k11 POS.

Btw the All Star selection IS a joke. But I don't waste my time playing the All Star game though, although I do pay close attention to the rookie/soph selection, in hopes that I could trade some of my deadbeat players for cheap young talents.

19. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Rather than forcing yourself to play buggy game A or buggy game B, you could also just skip both maybe. Probably what I'll do. Well...what I should have done this year (even if Elite '11 came out), but I got suckered into checking out 2K11 based on reviews and initial impressions. Don't give either one your money if they can't put out a game that at least went through one round of QA/testing.

I'm still blown away by playing this game on a keyboard though. How do you handle the analog sticks? Sometimes, I'm using both sticks, along with 1-2 other buttons (or quickly changing to other buttons). Hard enough as is on a gamepad, but I'm guessing it is way worse on the keyboard. I guess if you're used to it, and 2K somehow managed to not drop any of the controls for it, then no big deal.

Kind of strange auto-save didn't/doesn't work. Played lots of 2K10 and now 2K11, and never had that screw up.

20. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I always played on the Keyboard, but for this game I bought a controller, and it plays a thousand times better.

The problem I have with my player, is that when you play a high difficulty your team Sucks, but when you play a lower difficulty I get 40 points 30 rebound and a FG of 70% with my PF. Basically to easy.