1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Medal Of Honor Or Black Ops Or Both?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hilltopper, Oct 11, 2010.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Well, there are many times that you cant avoid a one on one battle with someone that has painkiller. And going head to head with one of those almost guarantees death.

The issue I have is that the game is rewarding people who arent playing well or who just arent good. That was the major problem with MW2...it tried to sell to the masses by dumbing down the skill level. From a business perspective, its good...from a gaming perspective, its not good. There were too many ways to die by means of something that doesnt take skill in MW2. In Black Ops, I like the fact that I die, the majority of the time, because someone just outplayed me. I get mad at myself for dying...not mad at the game. The RC car is really the only way I die when I dont feel like I deserved to die.

2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

MW2 was trying to help out the lesser players when they are just getting outplayed or are new. Even the playing-field somewhat if you will. The first thing I always heard from people new to MW2 was that, "I get in and everyone has awesome guns, I have crappy ones."

Dumbing down the skill level in MW2, which I agree it did to a point, but not in BO? Spraying from the hip is probably 80-85% of the kills on me. Not that aiming down the sight is 1337 skillz, just saying.

In MW2, you can say toobers, commando, PKs, killstreaks, g18s, etc. were easymode, but truth is, you can always out play ANYONE else, unless they are just plain better than you. You can beat out wallhackers even, aimbots are much harder, but still can team up on them.

MW2 had flaws, I have already addressed that many times. This discussion at hand really is about people complaining about something without seeing it from the other perspective.

As far as going head to head with someone with PK, you can beat them. Out think them. They can't be too bright/skilled seeing as they are currently at the very least on a 3 death streak haha. Flash/stun them. Do it again. By that time, assuming you weren't RIGHT on top of the player at spawn, you can kill them without the PK.

3. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

This thread has gotten so far away from talking about Black Ops for MoH... lol.

So back to Black Ops.

What's everyone's preference in assualt rifles?

I use the FAMAS - Red Dot Sight - Tiger camo - Clan tag - Emblem

And another question... why is the AUG unlockable after the FAMAS when they have nearly identical stats with the FAMAS actually edging out the AUG?

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

If I am having a bad game and keep getting killed over and over, so be it. I don't expect to be given an advantage because I am having a bad game/unlucky/getting spawn killed/suck.

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I use FAMAS with either extended mag, red dot or grenade launcher.

What's a tac knifer?

6. EssTooKayTD

tac-knifer i assume is someone who has unlocked the tactical knife on a pistol. It's faster knifing. usually teammed up with lightweight, marathon, and commando.

I don't see an issue with that "build," but then again, I play PC, I would assume consoles it's harder to move and aim THAT fast versus a player moving that fast.

arkoe: that's fine that you don't have a problem with it, and don't expect an advantage. The point being made was that people that get killed by a painkiller person are complaining to the guy who is getting his ass handed to him. I mean really...should I really be complaining of my killstreak being stopped to the person who has yet to get a kill in his last 3 encounters?

Might as well complain of leg pain to a person in a wheelchair.

7. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

I use the Galil with RDS and suppressor

8. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

Which perk are you giving up and is it worth it for 2 attachments?

9. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

Another good topic is perk combos.

I mostly use lightweight/hardline, hardened/steady aim, marathon.

I almost always have marathon on. Pretty much a necessity if you ask me. Sometimes I will switch up lightweight and go hardline or flak jacket. I use hardened for assault rifles and steady aim for SMG's.

10. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

My two best combos are probably:

-Colt Commando w/ dual mag; Ghost Pro, Sleight of Hand Pro, Ninja Pro
    -AK47 w/ extended mag & reflex sight; Ghost Pro, Warlord Pro, Ninja Pro

I had some great games last night with my Commando setup.

11. Legend Killer

I had to give up Sleight of hand... I'm working on getting accustomed to the iron sights, but for now I'm running with Warlord.

I also use Ghost pro and hacker... Claymores are deadly in this game

12. Lil Pun

How does Hacker Pro work? I mean I know you can sabotage enemy care packages and equipment but on what scope?

13. Legend Killer

Still working on getting the pro version

14. Lil Pun

Yeah, the pro versions of perk is definitely more difficult to get on this version.

15. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Commando: Suppresser, ghost, hardened, and ninja.

BEAST.

Went 18-0 with it today on one of those snow maps, array I think.

16. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oaT6q_QI0VE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oaT6q_QI0VE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I love stealing someones Sentry Gun and when they come back to camp around it they get blasted...same with claymores.

17. sccdct34

sccdct34 Member

How long did it take everyone to get good at the multiplayer in COD games?

I own all the 360 COD games but never played them online until Black Ops.. I am beyond terrible in my limited expierences, what are some good tips for someone trying to learn?

18. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've kinda been sucking on blackops. All the other games I've killed it. I'm still winning but I have a lot of deaths.

19. EssTooKayTD

I've played online shooters since CounterStrike. That doesn't necessarily make me some kind of pro, but in all games (for me) I start off being pretty bad. After getting familiar with the weapons, the maps, choke points, common shooting/hiding spots, etc. I end up being above average.

It just takes time. Now you also have to have decent hand-eye coordination and decent reflexes. If you don't, outsmart your opponents which is really easy most of the time. I'm not young anymore, but am quick enough most of the time.

20. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

3 things to succeed (in order of importance):

1. Repetition - The more you play the better you will get. You will learn the maps, learn where enemies spawn, learn where and how to complete objectives, your aim will get better, so on and so forth. The old adage applies to video games as well, "Practice makes perfect."

2. Use the Mute feature - Unless you are playing with friends, mute everyone else. People act like complete jack asses online and all decency is lost. This will only frustrate you and cause you to lose interest and enjoyment in a game.

3. Have fun - It's just a game. Enjoy it for what it is. Obviously it's more fun to win but if you suck for a long time the world will keep turning. I was awesome at MW and MW2 but I am getting absolutely destroyed on BO. I was getting pretty angry until my girlfriend came in the room and told me I was an idiot. Once you relax and stop worrying about your kill/death ratio, you will find you become much better much quicker.