1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scola=our closer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by devin23, Nov 14, 2010.

1. forest

forest Member

Maybe you are right.L.S is steady and well-ballenced. But I don't think NBA would change its game rules. Never in the past, nor in the future. NBA is much more than tech of basketball. Whenever it's time to determine the battle, there comes out the flying men, the musculars, and the boxers, and you will never be able to shoot smoothly unless you are "freak" players like MJ, Kobe, Magic who can determine the game.
    You must remember that in olympic games, players from NBA flew over any other players, and made any tactics meaningless.

2. dartherus

dartherus Member

Larry Bird wasn't an athletic freak, neither McHale or Steve Nash....I'm sure others can find mor examples...

You are underestimating intelligence in Basketball....it's not a dumb sport, where pure physical characteristics can take you into the top....

BTW, check the older posts....even before the 2002 I annouced Scola, and nobody believes, because he wasn't an athletic freak, they didn't believe he'd be an starter....

He was stuck in Europe many years becaue a contract he signed at age 17, that incluyed a 14 million euro buyout, unpayable with a rookie contract back then.....If he had came younger, he'd be an established NBA superstar a while ago....he's forced to be a second Steve Nash, having his best years after age 30....

?? tactics meaningless?
    USA had to wait until 2008 to get another gold medal, after being beaten in 2002 World Cup in USA, 2004 Olympics and 2006 World Cup again....flooded with NBA stars...

3. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Martin needs a go to move or play .. NOT ISO though

Then he Could be our closer .. He's more than capable ..

And Lowry today called wrong plays all through the 4th quarter .. He needs to improve on that and go to the hot hand

Instead of calling pick and rolls where the defender can always go under the pick and focus on the roller

4. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Yes.... until AB comes back from injury.

5. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

he's the closer we have.

6. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

This idea of closer is nonsense. The Rockets blow games in the fourth bexause they abandon the offense they've been playing for three quarters. Even Adelman has said this many times.

7. davidghall

davidghall Member

You have to have a stud willing to take the big shots at the end of games. There's just no way around it. And right now Scola is the best we have.

My only concern with him is last night they said he tied a career high with five assists. I was shocked. If he can get better at passing out to the three point line when he's double teamed in the post it would really help the offense. Kind of like a poor mans version of Hakeem passing out to Kenny, Sam, Clyde, Robert, or Mario for THREE!!! (Extremely poor man's version).

8. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

I think until Yao comes back to his shape, if possible, Scola should be the go-to guy on this team. Look at the double team he has been commanded, you will know the beauty of a inside-out game. Now if Yao can remain healthy for a whole season, especially at Playoffs, the Rockets is a dangerous team.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

scola is our best player period. i thought he was our best player last year too but brooks got a lot of the love b/c of his big jump in statistics.

10. YaoMingsSoulja

I agree. Scola has been a solid player this year and good things happen when he touches the ball on offense. If Scola starts drawing double teams more often look for Martin to get a lot more open treyssssssssssss :D

11. amaru

amaru Member

VIVA Scola!!!!

He rode into houston on his Argentinian horse to serve us all ice cream! :p ;) :grin:

12. CuriousG11

CuriousG11 Member