1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sun-Sentinel] Pat Riley speaks out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Sep 10, 2010.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This is a good PR stunt by Riley, but overall, he is a douche lord as a GM. It's obvious what he did during the offseason.

It's the same thing he did when he "collected" Walker, Payton, Shaq etc for the championship against the Mavs.

It's just a repeat.

I'll watch them dig their own hole. It might not happen during the regular season, but come playoff time when "shots" are crucial, I figure Lebron and Wade will have trouble over who takes the final shot in certain situations.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

LBJ doesn't want to take the final shot. That's why he joined Wade's team.

3. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Agreed. Insecurity is when you are afraid of other great players/teammates/superstars/people being around you because you think it might take the limelight off of you. It is the opposite of what the Heat big 3 showed.

Nobody benefited more from refereeing than the Lakers the last 2 years, so we didn't see the Lakers punished by the refs because they took advantage of Utah and Memphis generosity regarding Fisher and Gasol. Further, those moves are much more sketchy within league rules than signing the best available unrestricted free agents in an offseason.

1 person likes this.
  4. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

Wouldn't it be easier to become a Heat fan for the next 3 years? ;)

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I don't know if its been mentioned on this thread yet, but i'll say it.

Lebron is a punk.
    Dwyane is a punk.
    Chris Bosh is a punk. Nuff said.

6. Steve_Francis_rules

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but I'd take all three of those guys on my team any day.

7. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

That's a very funny claim. Check the stats here to see which team benefits most from refs.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/t...avgFreeThrowsAttemptedDifference/seasontype/3

8. Steve_Francis_rules

Differential free throw attempts per game doesn't really tell you how much a team benefits from the referees unless you had an intrinsic rate for each team to compare against. Ok, the Lakers give up more free throws than they take. But that doesn't mean the refs aren't letting them get away with more fouls than the other team.

For example, if a "fair" game would have the Lakers opponent shooting 40 free throws and them shooting 20 free throws, but the actual game has their opponent shooting 32 free throws and them shooting 28 free throws, they still shoot fewer than their opponent, even with biased officiating.

9. dback816

dback816 Member

Agreed. Putting winning over money used to be praised, now we got all these "Look at us, we're against popularity!" kids whining about Miami non-stop.

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I would say the team that gets 20 FT's in the 4th qtr of Game 7 of the Finals benefits from the refs, assuming I were accusing teams of getting a benefit. This is not the time to for LA fans to say someone else is benefitting from ref treatment.

11. Steve_Francis_rules

It's always been that way. I think you could make the argument that three of Kobe's championships are due to timely officiating bailing him out of a bad situation. This year, 2000 against Portland, and of course 2002 against Sacramento.

12. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

[​IMG]