1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[heat.com] Lebron James - Miami Heat Working Out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by T-macsterful1, Sep 1, 2010.

1. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Firstly that beard is ridiculous.
    Second that jump shot is even more ugly then his beard.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Because I wish I knew how to quit him like I did with Ennis.

Btw, I thought his name was LeSaviorOfManKind.

3. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

But don't you think they have the right to criticize their best player when he quits in a big playoff game?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

or LeMamaRidingWest

5. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

:grin: It reminded me of one of the more memoriable lines form Hellraiser II:

"The DOC-TOR is in, I recommend AM-PU-TAT-IONS!"

--Channard Cenobite--

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

The entire joining with Wade/Bosh in Miami was pre-planned well in advance. So who's to say the quitting in Game 5 wasn't also part of the script.

7. Steve_Francis_rules

Actually, if we're going to start talking about money, the Cavs probably owed Lebron a hell of a lot more than he owed them.

Lebron has made most of his money from endorsements, not from his team. And he would have been paid the same amount the last seven years playing for any team in the league.

However, Lebron's presence on the Cavs has close to doubled the value of the franchise in the last seven years, IIRC. That wouldn't have happened if it had been Danny Granger they were paying a max salary to instead.

8. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

What was the wild goose chase? Oh, you don't know what you are talking about...

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

And? What does that have to do with anything? The team makes $$ off of their product, which the players provide.

10. aggie87

aggie87 Member

I think the way Lebron left says alot about the guys character, and I really hope the Celtics or Lakers can beat the Heat in the playoffs

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

and character counts in sports when?

kobe and tiger cheating, jordan and barkley gambling... are worse than a guy who's cocky and egotistical and yet still wants to win.

12. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

I don't understand your counterpoint:

1. Someone said, Lebron was classless the way he handled the situation
    2. You said it's no different than a team trading a player without warning
    3. I said, it is different b/c the team actually signs his paycheck.

How does team making $ off their product relate to point of contention?

13. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

What does who signs the paycheck have anything to do with it, especially after the contractual obligations are faithfully completed and the guy is a free agent?

The only classless thing, or at best insensitive and crude, was done to the Cleveland fans. Fans do care more about players than owners, but even there are exceptions. Nothing Lebron did compares with the acts of greed and exploitation of Art Model, Butt Adams, or the OKC huckster.

14. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Absolutely nothing. My point is that teams have full right to trade its players w/o warning. It's simply a part of the business. And nobody would consider it a dbag thing to do. But to say Lebron did the "exact same thing" is incorrect.

15. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

It's not the same thing it's nicer. Both sides knew that at an earlier time that the relationship will come to the end unless another agreement is worked out (extension). The trades come out of no where. It's not Dbag to leave a team after your contract is up, they know it's coming, or at least should know it is.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

But it's not the fact that he left. It's that he conjured up the hopes of Cleveland fans by going ON NATIONAL TV and basically crushing all their dreams to dust. That was wrong.

This is how it should have went: Just tell them he's going to Miami outright in a small press conference, apologize and thank Cleveland fans for the opportunity he had in Houston, throw in a little incentive or donation for PR, claim Cleveland will always be in his heart; visit frequently in the off-season for charity work and basketball camps... etc. etc.

The way he handled it was completely out of line and the hate he is getting now, he deserves it. I myself don't hate him, I just didn't think he was stupid enough to blow off all of Cleveland with that stunt.

He could have left without damaging his status in Cleveland, but yet he chose not to just because he wanted a little bit more attention in the media? :confused:

17. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

What, no crab dribble?

Spoelstra's defense is better than Kyle Korver's by the way.

18. Desert Scar

I agree that part was wrong & I would hope in time Lebron accepts that.

But don't you think the whole thing has blown way put of proportion outside of Cleveland? Most of the people outside of Cleveland are feigning rightousness about this with no connection to Cleveland whatsoever simply because he didn't choose their team or because they resent their own team having little chance to beat the new team.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You don't have to have a connection to see that what he did was wrong. Sure people hate on him for the wrong reasons, but still...

20. Desert Scar

I think we agree. I would think there would be a big gap between recognizing that another does something wrong or made a bad decision like you and I can see (mind you his "wrong action" wasn't violent or dehumanizing) should not translate into hating and emotion-driven rants on him, particularly from 3rd parties (those without special bonds to the Cleveland Cavs).