1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

World Championships 2010

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sbyang, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Bids9

Bids9 Member

100% agree, would be a super 3rd stringer. Would prefer over Ish Smith anyways. He can knock down the 3 ball pretty well.

2. valorita

valorita Member

I wouldn't mind that Haddai guy either as our 3rd string C

3. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I would think that Argentina would be the biggest challenge for the US in this tournament with the way things have played out. Scola is putting the team on his shoulders and both Greece and Spain have hit speed bumps.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Thats what I was thinking,lol. I'm wondering why people don't talk about how well he play fiba ball and how it would translate as a backup. They praise wubio fiba play, but ladidadi always balls in fiba.

5. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

well, if starbury becomes a chinese citizen, with the front court of YM and YJL, china will medal in these international competitions easily. seriously though, probably in a decade, better guards will come out. it's only a matter of time.

6. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

well, per FIBA rules, you could only represent 1 country in your FIBA career, since MArbury already represented team USA in 2004, it would be difficult for China to suit Marbury

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Is there ANY reason at all that we couldn't sign Mills if we wanted? I'm 99% sure he's a UFA.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i thought he was blazers property :confused:

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nope. He's a free agent.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Already against Tunisia, you can see Team USA just doesn't get it on offense. They need the 3 upcoming days of practice. Way too casual. They definitely won't take the gold playing like this. Far too easy to defend.

11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

does coach k enjoy this gig or does he feel obligated? he looks miserable.

12. jlwee

jlwee Member

Coach K is overrated?

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Westbrook has to be the best PG dunker I've ever seen.

14. Lovemachine2000

Francis, BDavis, or even DRose? But I do get your point, he's quite incredible.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

USA will win gold and will win all their games. They were toying with Tunisia and turned it on when they had them on the ropes.

16. anchel

anchel Member

17. worzel gummidge

Haddadi's a stiff on a bad team making him look better than he is. On the otherhand, the Knick's Russian center looks athletic, could be an interesting pickup for them or then again a foul magnet.

18. worzel gummidge

The Blazers extended a qualifying offer but have no roster spots available and already have 4 PGs with guaranteed contracts.

19. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

Haha, China advances because Ivory Coast beats PUR. Since China beats IVC, PUR beats China. The one who adavnces is the one who has the best point differentials among in games played among those three teams, and china is at the top. The china-turkey game does not have any effect. China advances 100%.

Don't think they will do much in the elimination round, but hey it is somewhat a feat considering they do not have Yao. Yi is playing like a beast in this tourny btw. I think he has finally matured through this tourny and Washington will be pleasantly surprised with him next year. :)

1 person likes this.
  20. anchel

anchel Member

Scola playing great today too. Terrific 1st half. The current MVP of the tournament so far.