1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Hot Tub Time Machine - Should have been a hellva lot funnier C-

The Runaways - Too predictible, could have been a lot more interesting C-

Batman: Under the Red Hood (DTV Bruce Timm produced) - Fairly strong, felt like it could have fit in BTAS, like the other releases. Really enjoyed this one even I hate it when it's no Conroy and Hamill as Batman and the Joker. A variation of The Hush comic storyline - B+

2. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

Been on a movie kick lately:

Chloe -- B+ (my husband or any male for that matter would probably give it an A+) -Surprising storyline and roles for the actors involved. Think explicit.
    Despicable Me --A LOVED Steve Carell as GRU
    The Last Airbender --C- Felt like all set up and then ended.
    Julie & Julia --B Surprisingly very likable movie
    Remember Me -- B+ The child actor in this movie was superb!
    Hot Tub Time Machine -- C Should have been funnier Grendal..I agree.
    She's Out of My League -- B Loved the b****y friend the best
    Youth in Revolt -- B+ The + was added b/c of my love for Michael Cera ;)
    Book of Eli --A Great movie
    The Road --B Depressing but I guess an honest portrayal.

1 person likes this.
  3. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Count of Monte Cristo - B - Yeah, it's old but I finally got the premium channels on DirecTV. Not bad though the end changes from book. Beginning is pretty close to source material.

Mummy - Tomb of Dragon Emperor - D - I thought it was pretty bad. Jokes were lame. Graphics were sub-par. Acting wasn't great either. I really enjoyed the first two and thought Brendan Frasier was much better in those.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

would have to completely disagree that clash of the titans was the same as the old one.

5. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Inception 9/10. Could've been totally epic. Nolan once again fail on me with his actions.

The Karate Kid(2010) 6/10. I have to say I quite enjoy it. Jackie was great. Jaden Smith wasn't that annoying for the first time.

6. Nero

Nero Member

Dinner for Shmucks - 8/10

One of those rare times when the entire audience howls with laughter at numerous points during the movie. It is insanely funny, and there is some genuine heart and pathos as well. Jemaine Clement absolutely steals this film! Definitely recommended!

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

The Invention of Lying - 6/10

I actually liked it. Sure it could have went in a different direction in a few ways but it was good to me.

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Inception: 8/10

liked it, but didn't love it...plus no t&a...

Plan on watching something on Redbox tonight, not sure what's out that I haven't seen...

9. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

I saw it this weekend too I'm going 9/10 for what I'm asking a comedy to do it did it very well.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Kick Ass 6/10

I really didn't enjoy most of the movie, but Hit Girl made it totally worth it. They should have made the movie completely about her.

11. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Legion - 4/10. Did not like the movie. It looked so fake.

Sunshine - 8/10. Really liked it...Creepy looking actor (Murphy) was pretty good in this movie. One thing, I didn't understand how
    the dude on another shuttle was still alive after 7 years

The Road - 9/10. A bit slow but poignant. A tear jerker.

When in Rome - 7/10. It was cool...for some reason, I think the main actress seems like she's trying too hard to be funny.

The Perfect Getaway - 7/10. Your usual Tim Olyphant movie.

Inception - 10/10. Loved it!!! I was engrossed throughout the movie. I heart heart JGL.

Green Zone - 7/10. Definitely makes you to think what secrets our government are hiding.

Book of Eli - 9/10. Another great performance by my main main!

Eclipse - 8/10. I'm a chick and a Twilight fan so I liked this!!

The Last Station - 9/10. Great movie. I usually don't watch movies that are based in early 1900s.

Max Payne - 7/10. A typical cop movie.

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past - 6/10. Matthew Cougahey is getting old.

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus - 7/10. This was a different movie, for sure. RIP Heath Ledger.

Invictus - 8/10. Always like Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman. They did great.

The Young Victoria - 8/10. I enjoyed watching this movie.

Valentine's Day - 5/10. A cheesy chick flick. What did I expect?

My Sister's Keeper - 9/10. This was a total tear jerker movie! The love between two sisters was so endearing.

Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All by Myself - 6/10. At least the hottie from CSI Miami was in it. Good for my eyes.

The Lovely Bones - 8/10. This was a weird but in a good way movie.

1 person likes this.
  12. GRENDEL

Considering he was able to withstand higher levels of sunlight without the shield, when he attacks Murphy, and his constant "shifting" it seemed that they were suggesting something demonic or other dimensional had taken hold of him.

13. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

That's what I figured out...i just thought it was odd to add that part in to the movie but hey at least it gave the movie some suspense!

14. GRENDEL

yeah it's a common complaint about that film, kind of throws that odd curveball out of nowhere, had been a fairly grounded in reality scifi film up to that point. I really enjoy the movie but it's very much out of left field

15. Nero

Nero Member

I thought the whole point of the other ship was that it still had power and plants and was able to sustain life where their own damaged one could not. Never didn't make sense that the guy could still be alive, especially if he had gone insane and was just waiting for the end of the universe, living off bamboo shoots or whatever..

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief 7/10.

Overall a good movie. It met my expectations, but failed to blow me away with anything.

17. GRENDEL

wasn't a case of him being alive but how he was a alive, they kept showing him as shifting, i.e. not entirely in this level of exsitence, and that one scene I mentioned earlier where Murphy's character releases the shield on the observation deck after he's attacked, it was established that that would kill a normal person. Hence, the other ships captain comes off as much more supernatural then anything else.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Salt - 7.5/10

Not too shabby and a decent "B" summer action flick. It's like a poor man's The Bourne Identity... really poor. Like, have been homeless for 10 years kinda poor. But Angelina was perfect for the role she plays. She's really good at playing cold characters. I was hoping to see some ass or flashes of skin from Ms Jolie, but I was disappointed.

19. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

Just finished batman, under the red hood. I thought it was best animated batman movie yet. It's definitely the most gritty. A solid "A".

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The Ghost Writer 8/10

A great thriller with an eerie setting. Roman Polanski shines again.