1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Bulls prepared to sign T-Mac

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

McGrady is the worst player I've ever seen. I hate him and wish him nothing but ill. I hope he fails. I hate his family. I think he should be shot to the moon so I never have to see him again. I hope his coaches hate him and he never makes new fans. May his career die in a horrible fire.

... is what some people are thinking.

Good luck to Mac, hopefully he can turn things around. If not, have fun being known as one of the most tragic sports careers of all time.

2. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Thats the only video haters ever put. Hmmm maybe i should put the video where he dunked on shawn bradley. Or the video where he did the sick pass to chuck hayes. Or the video where he scored 13 points in 30 secs.

What do you want him to do. Foul him so he can get an and 1. Jeez. So pathetic. Haters are gonna hate let em hate.

Good signing for the bulls if he is healthy and accepts his role. Great point guard. Great up and coming big man surrounded by veterans. The bulls should be deadly if things pan out

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I harped on Yao's timidness and injuries all the time. I have consistently posted that I would trade the big guy in a heartbeat if it could bring in a solid double double center and an atheltic wing. They don't have to be superstars, they just got to stay healthy and play good solid basketball. Yao's 20/10 stat line is completely useless if he is on the bench a third of the time. I value consistency a bit more than simply talent. You can count on consistency, but (as evidenced by T-Mac) count on talent. The only consistencies with T-Mac were injuries and burning bridges with former teams.

Game and injury issues aside, unlike T-mac, Yao is a really likeable guy to the public. He doesn't make excuses, calls himself out before anyone else, and genuinely gives it his all every seacond out there. He works hard, he is humble, and he is all about the time. This is a sharp contrast to T-Mac, who NBA players and teams have accused or being lazy, soft, weak-willed, and injury prone and is a diva who whines when he doesn't get his way.

I was actually pretty happy when we managed to trade for him initially. Francis was not going anywhere, so it was time for him to go. unfortuantely for us, the T-Mac experiment did not go or end well and even Les, his staunchest supporter since he came here, finally grew tired of his antics.

He had the injury bug on him like white on rice even before he got to the Rockets. It just became worse and worse.

4. three

three Member

Leave Yao alone! Mac draws all the hate because of his mouth. Still love him though. :grin:

Bulls/ Tmac is the best situation for both. Coming off the bench is the best way to begin the season. Mac can still play up to 30mins per game off the bench and can still finish games.

For Bulls: If he's done, the Bulls can just release him without affecting their starting line up. if he has something left, he can increase his minutes and start if it is better for the team. Biggest need potentially filled with Star wing talent for low pay. Is there a better 9-10 man rotation in the NBA?

1: Rose/ Watson
    2: Brewer/ Mac
    3: Deng/ Korver
    4: Boozer/ Gibson
    5: Noah/ Thomas

For Mac: He can start off slowly with less pressure and continue to build up his minutes coming off the bench (if warranted). Best defensive coach in the NBA. Best chance for him to win with biggest role to fill. If he went to Miami/ LA, fans would bash him for coat riding.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

T-Mac use to be great on making highlight reels. Take away his athleticism and lift and what you are left with is a flat jump shooter who is mediocre at FT for a shooting wing. Steve Francis had a crap load of highlight reels too and look where that took him in his NBA career. Those two achievements just make me more disappointed in him. All that talent and all that ability, down the drain because he never could man up and polish his game and mind up. "Haters" as you so lamely coin us, use that video because it is the most damning video of how he was a diva that quit when the going got hard. It was all the things though that he DIDN'T do that hurt Rockets fans the most.

6. Chamillionaire

some people never learn do they?

7. watashi315

watashi315 Member

At most, T-MAC will turn out to like Grant Hill for Phoenix. At the very worst...Steve Francis.

8. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Best of luck with the Bulls T-Mac :). You're still my favorite player but the Rockets are my favorite team :)

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

McGrady needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He's too lazy (or gimpy) to move without the ball. Instead, he likes to iso on the wing and watch everyone else move while he holds the ball. Unless he totally changes him game, it would subtract from Derrick Rose at the point. Both Deng and Brewer, on the other hand, move very well without the ball and are better fits with Rose. McGrady would be better with the 2nd unit.

The worst thing the Bulls could do is worry about McGrady "getting his". The guy needs to prove himself first. That means him adapting to fit the system instead of the other way around. You can be sure part of the system will be hustling and intensity on defense. Since he won't be the first option on offense, McGrady will have no excuse for not putting out on defense.

I'm just waiting for MeMac to open his big mouth and tick off Bulls fans in Chicago. If he signs, it will happen.

1 person likes this.
  10. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I think that Derrick Rose recruiting T-Mac and not LeBron speaks volumes about what goes on in his head.

DD

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

What about the offensive end? Can he do something besides stand at half court? How about about coming to the 3pt line? If he just wants to stand around, how about setting a pick?

12. three

three Member

Rose does'nt really recruit. Last year he was asked about Lebron joining the Bulls and he said he was ready. At US basketball camp, he was asked about Mac and said what he said.

If Mac goes to Chicago, Rose will still be the main star. If Lebron/ Wade went to Chicago, Rose would be 2nd banana.

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I hope T-Mac does well.

14. VBG

VBG Member

MeMac appears when the team can't win. Bulls should be fine

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Sounds like its partly going off whims again, instead of making a sound decision. If he's going off his "gut", thats what you don't want. Cuz his gut will fail him later and he'll go into pout mode.

If he's looking at it realistically, like how Brad Miller said at some point he felt he had to be in Texas cuz its a personality fit, maybe it has a chance.

It still comes down to McGrady not looking nearly as effective a player the past couple years. And completely broken down most the time. If he has visions of grandeur of starting he's delusional.

16. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Don't confuse me with the other haters out there. I don't hate Yao or any other players for that matters(even Kobe, I prefer the word "strongly dislike"). After all, NBA is a business, and they are employees making a living.

With that said, I am disappointed with the way Yao let me down every time. Just like T-Mac, he is probably one of the most talented players to play the game yet will only end up being a bust. I remember when he first enter the league, people were saying all he needed to do is be more aggressive and he can end up being right behind Dream and Kareem.

I am just fed up with all the Chinese Market crap. We are not here to make Les richer. He is already filthy rich as he is. We are here to see the Rockets win championships. After 8 years of experiment, we all know that he won't bring us that ring and IT'S A FACT.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Its the same ol' internet stuff of people wanting the ultimate "I TOLD YOU SO". Even moreso when you know the "book" on a player.

Gotta admit McGrady's mouth and leisurely paced game has gotten himself into trouble.

18. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I don't expect him to be an all-star. His athleticism made him a great player, his skills still make him a good player.

19. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Because 13 in 30 and dunking on Bradley were in 2005. The Toronto game was more recent. Heck, Dream has a great video of him dominating Robinson on Youtube, let's sign him to play in the NBA.

20. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Again, dont rush to judge so quick. The guy is coming off a serious injury. He said that he doesnt mind coming off the bench. If he does come off the bench, then he'll still be better than any bench player on the Rockets. The guy can still be a factor being 6'8 and able to run point guard. Do you realize how much of commodity that is?