1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miami Heat : Vets seeking to sign, phones ringing off hook

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Octavianus, Jul 11, 2010.

1. worzel gummidge

If the Nets want a quality PF they should offer Haslem a contract starting at $6M in the first year and be done with free agency.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

The shift is starting. Less focus on individual players, more focus on the actual teams.

3. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

thats all good and gravy but how long will the heat be able to bring in guys for only the vet minimum??i mean 1mill for this year but how long is that guy really going to play for 1 mill alot of those guys will only play their for 1 year 1 mill and leave after they win a championship eventually they will run out of players to sign like that than what??i swear this superstar team is the dumbess thing in sports history yeah its good for the city and im not hatin but hear me out...how long will signing league minimum guys go for??good luck heat but other guys wana make their money too not just wade bosh or lebron.All im saying is u want me to believe that guys are willing to change their whole income for a team who all it cares about is those 3 players...im not buying it and neither should the vets who will sign with them

4. Dei

Dei Member

Yep, it's gonna be like Boston a few years ago except this one'll last at least half a decade.

5. AkeemOlaDROwon

These vets want to sign on just so they can say they won it all. IMO any rings they win are tainted. The coward count keeps rising. These vets are losers.

6. DontTradeOswalt

I can see it now, Dwayne Wade with the ball, passes to bosh, who passes to lebron, and he passes it to a wide open.....Stephon Marbury!!!! :grin:

7. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

They will have there MLE next year, and whatever else you get by being over the cap. So they can over the next 6 years, bring in some decent role players

8. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I don't think that the Heat can aquire a guy of James Posey or Eddie House's caliber for the minimum though.

Also lets not forget that Rondo and Perkins were emerging as solid players. Heat don't have that luxury.

Another thing to note is that while all of the Heat trio are excellent on the offensive end, only LeBrick and Wade are decent. Bosh is soft and sucks on the defensive end. The key to the Celtics success was KG's defense. When the Celtics aquired him, he was the top defensive player in the league at that time, something Bosh will never be.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

this.

10. wtfamonkey

wtfamonkey Member

:p :p

11. MD_in_Training

Phones ringing off the hook? They sure it's not just Tmac calling a bunch of times?

12. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

LOL, just imagine T-Mac trying to call his rehab buddy Wade and not getting any replies.

13. DontTradeOswalt

Ha!!!!

Riley: "Gosh darn it T-Mac I said no, stop calling!!"

T-Mac: "Come on baby you need me, why not?"

Riley:"Because we want a championship not a first round exit"

14. Chamillionaire

i wonder who all is calling.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Caller "Hey Pat"

Riley "Who is this?"

Caller " I was wondering, uh, did Lebron bring his mom with him"

Riley "Delonte, is that you?"

DD

16. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you can fill out a team with a ton of veterans leaving money on the table to play for the minimum, you are going to have a pretty good team even without superstars. If you add Wade and Bosh to that team, you are going to be contenders. But at that point, you could swap LeBron out for Ariza and still possibly win a championship, so it's not really anything special.

At this point, it feels like LeBron calling a bunch of guys in to win a championship for him. Despite all of the vereran "ring chasers," it looks to me like LeBron is the one gravy-training.

17. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

from the bench? ;)

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure they already have a quality PF.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Gary Payton and John Stockton called

Rocket River

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Von Wafer should give them a jingle...he could flourish playing backup SG there.

DD