1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen. A. Smith.: BOSH THROWS MONKEY WRENCH IN STAR TRIO, WORKING ON S&T WITH HOU

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Rileydog: totally agree with your take on things. Both Wade+Lebron to CHI is another possibility... if that happens, suddenly we become favorites for Bosh (NJ won't need Bosh as they won't be competing next season w/o Wade or Lebron, MIA and NY will be empty wastelands). It would also mean all other teams including us won't be winning a championship for the next 7 years lol.

2. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Another thing to think about is when your team is good, good players want to come and join you. Melo could be next.

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

i really think that by taking a meeting, as informal as it supposedly was, shows enough interest.....while we may be his 3rd or 4th choice, we are still a choice

4. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Repped!!

I think we are in better shape after reading that piece. Trying to get three players who all need max money to sign on the same team, add in a the SnT requirement w TOR and it makes it more difficult to make this happen. TOR does have to agree to the SnT so they can demand CB work with HOU in a way. MOrey knows he has the best offer out there for TOR so hopefully that works in our favor.

5. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I think Houston is being used much like the Astros were used a few years ago to get Beltran to New York. This PDA of Morey to Bosh may end up backfiring. With that being said, maybe it won't if there wasn't another free agent Morey really wanted. His other targets may all be trades. We'll see.

6. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

In life, you try to make the choices that put in a good position, to exploit whatever advantages you have, to nurture multiple options for the future, while leaving yourself a livable fall back position. Though, when the best possible option does come along, say like a a beautiful happy sexy woman that will willingly marry you, you go ahead and commit fully.

These are good days to be a Rocket fan, to watch the master play the game.

1 person likes this.
  7. NJRocket

the difference between this and the Beltran thing is that Boras held all the cards...and any team could pay Carlos ANYTHING he wanted....and give him any bells and whistles he wanted bc there was no cap. Beltrans team (at that time the Astros) couldnt give him 30 million more than anyone else. I think the 2 situations are completely different.

8. Boughtit

Boughtit Member

LScola4 just tweeted "Un dia muy triste... Very sad day..."

any indication?

9. NJRocket

someone ran over his dog?

maybe he got lice?

a hot girl asked him "why the long face?"

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

His soccer team lost

12. bucket

bucket Member

Argentina got demolished by Germany in the World Cup.

13. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Argentina lost.. plus Bosh follows Lebron to Houston..

14. RedRaiderRocket

No surprise here Stephen A rambling on his twitter reflecting on what he said.

15. pbthunder

I doubt Scola would want to play in Toronto (nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there), but a S&T can get Scola 6 years with the 10.5% annual raises.. no way anybody, including us, gives him that if he's not in a S&T.

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I think we are being used for leverage, as in we aren't his #1 choice. However, I think Toronto just doesn't want to S&T Bosh to a eastern team that they have to compete with.

17. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Toronto will NOT agree to pay a guy till he's 40 with raises every year.

18. pbthunder

Anyhow, Scola will get some sweeteners to S&T.,

19. pbthunder

BTW, nba.com says Scola was born Apr 30, 1980. So, he'd turn 36 at the end of that 6th year.

But yes, I guess I wouldn't keep giving him raises until he turns 40, either. Though, he's going to get some sweetener somewhere in the deal, and businessmen like to put expenditures off.

20. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

JA Adande just reported that he is hearing Toronto is not happy with CB's "grandstanding" and that Toronto is leaning toward not doing a sign and trade. Does this mean we will be out of the race??? :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.