1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amare Will No Longer Be An Option

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I wouldnt get too excited. In reality, if NY got him, it could increase their odds in picking up Wade, Lebron, or even Joe Johnson (who hasn't committed yet). This could actually not be good for us in terms of the draft picks we hold, if he can get someone else to either commit in free agency, or they get value back on a David Lee sign and trade deal.

2. albuster

albuster Member

Best post in this thread.

3. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Amare doesn't seem to be the type of player that stars are dying to play with. Hopefully David Lee just signs straight up to give NY just a slight upgrade at the PF position.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

and that makes amare "suck."

damn, i need to know how to "suck" my way to be an all-nba player then. :rolleyes:

some of y'all are ridiculous.

5. Rocketfanatic2

It's important that we get someone of decent value in the next few days. Now that Amare is all but officially a knick, that's one more player of our interests eliminated. To be realistic, we probably won't get Bosh (not ruling it out though), so now we gotta expand our list of possible assets to this team. There's Brad Miller, who could possibly fill the much needed backup center position. I've also heard shaq's name come up as a possible player to go after, however, I don't see why shaq would come to Houston with Yao. As far as I know, Jermaine O'Neal is also available and could be a player we try to acquire somehow. Miller is the most likely to come to Houston, but I could see Morey getting someone else being the surprise master that he is. So if we don't happen to get Bosh or David Lee of the Knicks, there are still other options that could help the team. Whatever does happen, it's gonna be interesting to watch.

6. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

The Suns play ZERO defense as a team. Amare overrall, is arguably the BEST at his position. What we need is go to scorer down the stretch of games, not another defender :rolleyes: If you think Bosh's defense is that much better than Stoudamire's you obvioulsy dont watch much basketball my friend

7. monster

monster Member

I don't think Amare "sucks", but he seems to have a tremendous chip on his shoulder, and that's the kind of player we do NOT need here. We may just miss out on the elite FAs, but we should still be able to get some quality player(s). Miller and Shaq don't excite me in any way, but either would be a solid backup center. I don't know if Hill can spend some time at center, but I sure wish we could get someone who dominates the paint on defense. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at David Lee.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

can you make an excuse for his lazy effort and inability to rebound like a man?

9. jedicro

jedicro Member

Ok I know all Free Agents would make the same decision but this really bothers me.

Phoenix basically said, "ok, we'll pay you basically max money, but we want to make sure that just in case you destroy you're knee we're not completely screwed."

You don't play you don't get paid. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. But these guys never would agree to that. It's amazingly selfish.

Oh well.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

great, another amar'e thread and more conversation about whether he fits or not...even though HE'S NOT COMING HERE....this was evident the moment the suns offered warrick a deal...

11. H-Town Rockets Guy

I heard Phoenix renounced his rights (REAL GM). He cannot be involved in any sign and trade scenario now. He will fit in nicely with Dantoni's system. He gets a maxs 5 yr deal, He knows Dantoni's system, He does not have to play any defence. He gets to play in NewYork.

As a Rockets fan, I am glad we are not getting him for the proposed trade that will gut our team. Scola, Battier, Ariza etc will be too much to give up for Amare in my opinion.

I still think we have a chance to land Bosh. Hopefully we will find out in a few days as he is evaluating his options. Houston or Chicago seems to been in his best options because they can get him a 6 yr 120 million max deal thru sign and trade with Toronto. Miami, New York don't have any valuable assets to do a sign and trade. New York may have to sign David Lee and he has to agree to be included in the deal that will send him to Toronto.

12. jedicro

jedicro Member

At least guys like Nash TRY on defense (though still suck) Amare has the tools. He's just lazy on defense. Watching the LA series was all I needed to see.

"Hmm...Kobe seems to be yelling at Pau GO GO GO! I wonder what that means? Oh well it probably doesn't concern me, I'm going to stand here flat footed staring at Kobe's amazing jawline."

13. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

actually Amare's best offensive numbers were before Nash arrived... at least check yo statistics

14. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

This is why you're a rookie...

15. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The Suns offered a contract to Stoudemire, but he didn't take it. The Suns were concerned about Stoudemire's knees, so they included extra incentives for performance.

Knicks offered a contract that guaranteed 5 years with no incentives, so Amare jumped at it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-stoudemireknicks070210

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.