1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patterson and picks, fodder for Bosh trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yaowza!, Jun 25, 2010.

1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

forget bosh
    first he wants to be the man
    then he wants to be with lebron
    wtf does he want?
    lebron be his sidesick?

2. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

Why does everything have to be about Bosh... sigh...

3. Danbury

Danbury Member

A winning record with $31 Million sitting out...I'd say Morey has done fine. Utah was in the lottery only because they, like pretty much everyone else these days, raped the Knicks for that pick.

4. Ketchup&Mustard

Agreed. It won't hurt to try, but our Bosh hopes are all but gone.

5. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Hopefully he signs with someone ASAP, so this obsession with him will end sooner than later.

Our only chance for Bosh is if Morey shows up with El Hitman/his connections, and use force to make him to sign on the dotted line.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This is Morey's highest draft pick ever. He isn't trading him.

Hill might be on the block but Patterson is here to stay.

7. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

If the season started today:

C - Ming, Hayes (PF), Andersen (PF)
    PF - Scola, Hill, Johnson
    SF - Ariza, Battier, Budinger, Jeffries
    SG - Martin, Taylor, Patterson
    PG - Brooks, Lowry, Harris

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He didn't say he wants to be with lebron, he said he'll wait for lebron.

The landscape shifts with who lebron goes to, he said he wants to be on a contender, but just throwing it out here, what happens if say Lebron signs with Chicago, as does Stoudemire, and then they swap Deng for a decent pure shooting 2, how much of a contender do you think you are in that Division?

9. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Somebody will be traded. No only do we have too many PFs, we have too many talented PFs with a future in the NBA (Scola, Hill, Patterson).

I dare the Rockets to re-sign Hayes before we trade anybody.

I say Hill or Patterson will be traded, but it could easily be both. If we get a real center (hopefully better than Brad Miller), they will also be able to play backup PF.

How about this:

Yao/Brad Miller (or better)
    Scola/Hayes

with Brad Miller able to play backup PF, and Hayes (gag) playing 3rd string center.

Really, I don't see it like this, but if we replaced Brad Miller with a center worth the full MLE, I think it would be fairly good.

How about Hill and Patterson plus a future first-rounder for Greg Monroe? Or Hill + Patterson for Cole Aldrich and a future first-rounder from them?

These are just examples; I know Hill and Patterson won't be in the same trade.

10. Toast

Toast Member

Thinking Patterson starts in the NBDL. Maybe Jermaine Taylor goes back as well? Air Bud as backup 2. And still, no matter how you shake it, we're PF heavy. Haven't been on the boards much at all in the past few years, but I dunno why people think Jordan Hill will play center. Doesn't seem at all like a center to me.

11. rocketfan20

rocketfan20 Contributing Member

Patterson is a SG? :confused:
    He's versatile and maybe a 3, but no way he's a 2.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why do you have Patterson and Harris as guards?

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Outside of a legit backup Center, we will have the deepest team in the NBA. If our numerous PFs can work together to make that backup Center, and this team plays team ball...who knows?

Maybe Martin will go back to his old form, Brooks will get a little better, and Yao will be healthy when it counts...I think that team can give any team troubles.

14. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Get the impression Bosh is dead-set on going to Miami. But having Patterson does give the Rockets one more nice piece to work with in a trade, even if it's not a trade for Bosh, or it makes it easier to part with another one of the PFs in a trade.