1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

German study claims devout Islamic youth more violence-prone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's in the link buddy.

The Ottoman empire died (they had the land) and then it fell into the hands of Britain through the league of nations. The mandate allows them to administer that land.

For example, they decided to create two administrative areas - Transjordan and Palestine. Transjordan was given to the Hashemite Hejazi family, while Palestine was kept with the British. They then decided to create (like they did with Transjordan) a homeland for Jews.

It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Just read man. It's not like the middle eastern fairytales. It's not a mystery - by religion, by history and by genetics, Jews have been there longer. Even if Israel disappeared, they would stay because it's home.

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The Ottoman Empire had control over that region. They had no problem with the Palestinians. Once they were defeated, the Brits rewrote history and gave the land to the Jews.

Do you see how that might create a rift between the Palestinians and the Jews?

I digress, what gives the Brits the right to just give away land that doesn't belong to them. What gives the Jews to right to invade every home in Palestine and slaughter them?

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very untrue.

Google "Arab Revolt" as a jumping off point.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

It's known, the winner of the war rewrites history.

The Turks dominated that region. They didn't mind the Palestinian presence.

Of course, they didn't know what was so sought after. Once it was discovered how valuable this piece of land was, Hitler wanted to gain control of the middle east. He was defeated.

In Palestine, you find the Dead Sea. The lowest point on earth. In 1925, a study was conducted and found this land was worth 5 times what America was worth. Imagine where the Palestinians would be today had the Jews never intervened. God forbid a few rich Muslims. We must take it from them and wipe them off the face of the earth. It's always about natural resources. The money is the motive and it will lead you to the truth.

5. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Well when they defeated Muhammed Ali and Ibn Saud, they certainly then did a very poor job of editing in how much they loved the Turks. Someone in the 19th century failed to give them your notes on how to rewrite history.

Now you are entering Red Chocolate territory. Vague paranoid hanging implications about the men in black helecopters manipulating the world don't qualify as evidence. And if you want to find some "rich Mulsims" the house of Saud is about as rich a family as exists in the world.

There is nothing inherently valuable about that land. It has "value" as a result of historical delusions and the peculiar mania that competition between groups induces. It is like the longest running Dutch Tulip bubble in the history of mankind.

If you get more than a few miles south of the Lebanese border, you have a desert that is nearly impossible to farm at all and (as is the case with their Jordainian neighbors), there are essentially no natural resources.

#125 Ottomaton, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Damn if i had known that dead sea salt bubble bath i soak in after pickup games was so priceless i woulda poured that shht into a tub full of evian instead of just regular ole tap water :grin:

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Minerals such as Potash...which was sold for $222 billion not too long ago to India and many other minerals come from the dead sea.

I can play this game all day, but I don't feel like it.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i see a deal for US$370 million here:

http://in.reuters.com/article/idINLDE62H14Q20100318

where u get this two hundreds n 22 billyens from? :confused:

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

10. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Dead sea potash? That is like claming that Minnesota is the most valuable land in the world because of the great Bauxite deposits. Its silly. Potash is a low grade junk mine. The primary sources of potash in the world used to be bird guano off of Pacific Islands. As a mineral, it is simply not very valuable, especially in the modern world. Hence, the very limited number of "blinged-out" Pacific Islanders you see walking around. If you don't have any oil or arable land, then sure it makes sense to dig it up and sell it... because otherwise you just do nothing at all with the worthless tracts of land.

I am aware of half a dozen medium sized (like a couple of square miles of land) gold mines in the Americas that can individually beat that. If that type of potash makes the Dead Sea valuable, then the gold and silver mines in Nevada make that state the most valuable land in the history of mankind.

My supposition is that you are working from bravado and what you've read other places, which would explain why you are so eager to bail. I don't think you actually can "play this game all day long".

#130 Ottomaton, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

No. I hate it when the truth is contested every step of the way.

12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Not once did you ask me to elaborate, not once.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

This is quite an awkward moment for ClutchFans, i must say...

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You remind me of the very young Azadre. You have probably been indoctrinated a lot. I hope that you will mature and learn.

15. dback816

dback816 Member

What degree of violence?

You are wasting your time with Deckard. He loves jumping to conclusions almost as much as he loves namedropping poster names to make it seem like he's such an integral part of community ;)

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

With all the opportunities, I expected it at least once.

17. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I've always known there was a Muslim Almanac: Hashashin Edition in print somewhere...think you can get me a copy?

18. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Sure, PM me your mailing address.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

BEAT LA,

Like most Muslims, you question Britain's right to have control over that land, while never once questioning why

Muslims took Andalusia and all the Berber lands
    Al Saud took Saudi Arabia
    Transjordan was created

So on and so forth. In this one particular case, you are against it. You must realize that a huge number of the borders on earth today were created this way. It's called winning war.

In fact, Britain imposed on itself the mandate, which the league of nations could not even edit, saying that they would only hold the mandate until such time that the people could govern themselves.

At the beginning of this whole thing, Palestine was offered half the land. They said no. Even if you want the whole land, don't you think it's better to take half and then try to go for the rest? But NOOOOOO, the leaders were greedy, wanted to wipe the Jewish homeland away and take everything and govern everything. Nevermind that they had been unable to govern themselves for ages.

It's a load of hogwash. There is no Islamic right to have Palestine or Jerusalem. I don't care if there's a Jewish one. There are two distinct groups of people living in the same area for which sovereignty was about to be distributed. Both sides engaged in terrorsit activities, state sponsored or not. One side took half and expanded. The other side took nothing and shrank.

Just about the ONLY thing worth asking for is for Jerusalem to not fully be in Israel. That, I agree, would be an absolute travesty. As for everything else, the reality is that securing even the West Bank and Gaza doesn't seem likely. Whereas we oculd have been at the negotiating table discussing Jerusalem, rather than the ability to import coriander and have fresh water.

All these damn Middle Eastern conspiracy theories seem to drag everyone down to the point of stubborness and fantasy. If there was a conspiracy going on, there's nothing they can do about it. It's done, gone, over. If you think it's still going on and you know EXACTLY how it works, then go ahead and copy it.

If you think that there is a conspiracy theory taking place just because Jews are Jews by DNA, then you're in for a long miserable life.

We should have helped them when all those countries were discriminating against them. If anything, your religion tells you that they are "Ahl Ul Kitab". Was it right to choose oil/money/land over them?

Sorry I'm rambling and half asleep, but really, I'm tired of these theories.. Time to realize that in this situation, there's no faith. You need evidence, proof, something.

To close, in reponse to your last sentence, nothing gives the Jews the right to invade homes in Palestine and slaughter them. Nothing gives the Palestinians that right either. That's what we're trying to avoid. As long as we're mired in these conspiracy theories, the terrorists will keep doing those things. Do you think that's productive?

20. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Why do you lump all Muslims into one category? The Palestinians are not responsible for any of the events you listed.

Maybe it is a conspiracy, but if you were to offer someone half of your cookie wouldn't you keep the side with the most chips?