1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For Sale - Xbox 360 w/ ixtreme 1.6

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by DcProWLer277, Apr 10, 2010.

1. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

If you used a credit card w/ Paypal, just do a chargeback. If you used your bank account, you're pretty much SOL.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn, OK. I used Paypal so I will keep that in mind. I'm going to give the guy another day or so to redeem himself.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, as a fellow Clutchfan and Rocket fan. Can't believe there are two consoles he sent out that are broken though...

:confused:

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I think it's possible with mine it was just damaged in transit, but I'm not sure. The fact that he bought a slim if this one was working perfectly does seem strange to me, though... since the 60GB has more functionality, I'm not sure why you would spend money to get less features.

Even if it was just damaged in transit, though, you'd think he'd at least talk to me, but he hasn't. It's not my fault the thing arrived broken.

4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Opened a claim, and have these threads and another ripped off buyer as evidence. Paypal will restore funds to rightful owner If the guy does not respond in 10 days time. I am just asking for 100 bucks to fix it out of the 168 that I originally payed.

It should be enough evidence that we both got ripped off in the exact same week...

5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I doubt it, mine was all F'ed up internally. I found a giant stack of pennies and 6 discs on the inside of it, In some kind of quickfix. I bet you would find the same If you opened up the PS3...

6. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

PS3 was never opened, warranty seal still intact.

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I find it hard to take your word for it for some strange reason...

:rolleyes:

8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I'm trying real hard to be the shepard, Ringo...

9. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

How could the other guy send it to Sony to be repaired if the warranty wasn't still intact? You can't mod a PS3 so there no point in voiding the warranty for no reason. Believe what you like.

10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

The strange thing is that the pennies are glued on, so those thing are not coming off. I took all the discs out, and the xbox is still open and all that. I don't know how you want to go about getting this fixed, but I looked online a bit and found some pretty decent prices for repairs.

11. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Glued on? Well it should still come off anyways and be replaced with arctic silver. I'm pretty sure I can fix it regardless. I gotta be back to work but we'll work something out.

12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Ok, Thank you...

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what is it with people ripping off other people with xbox's on Clutch City.

What ever happened to that other time it happened?

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Hey DC, after looking online a bit, I am somewhat skeptical that this thing can be at all fixed in the long run. Seems like it is just another RROD waiting to happen. If you can get it to work, it is worth every penny, but 170 bucks for a broken down Xbox is just too much for my budget. What are you thinking about doing in regards to repairs? Everyday that passes with this thing sitting here feels like a slap in the face...

15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Bump
    :(

#55 RudyTBag, May 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Dam that sucks are u planning on keeping the xbox? Getting fixed? if your gonna get it fixed i can recommend a guy whos fixed my 360 before it didnt have the 3 red rings just had the 1, but i suggest if you get it fixed get it reflowed cost about 60 bucks but mine hasnt f'd up in like 6 months and still working like new.

17. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

And please dont try getting it fixed with pennies, xclamp, towel trick.
    All those quick fixes are just gonna be worse in the long run i learned a lot when mine screwed up twice and the reflow is the best way to go

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why people try to fix these on their own is beyond me, MS will fix it for free if it has the 3 RROD.....

DD

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Warranty could have exprired, may have been opened, MS takes like 3 weeks to send it back and will probably still give u the red ring, i dont think MS covers shipping yea a alot of reasons why.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

MS takes under 2 weeks to send it back, they don't even open them anymore, just send you a new one.

I have had 5 RROD's on 2 machines......and have never paid for one of them to be fixed.

DD