1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unverified]Houston Made An Offer To Milos Teodosic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, May 13, 2010.

1. tuus

tuus Member

in case somebody thinks Teodosic is crap - last year European Championships he made to finals - here is semi-final box-score

2. amaru

amaru Member

Forgive my ignorance........but who? :confused:

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I wouldn't be worried at all. Morey is all about collecting talent. He looks at it as assets.

In Morey I trust

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Is he another V Span?.

5. roksoer

roksoer Member

yeah i watched that game, Slovenia lead most of the game but then all of a sudden teodosič starts raining threes, totally pissed me off

6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

ummm..!! is he good ??

7. dora-akcay

dora-akcay Member

do we know that this is true? I doubt it...

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wUaMzsNKR7Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wUaMzsNKR7Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  9. Chamillionaire

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

this. it is just another piece in morey's arsenal of trade assets.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Could some NBA experts here help me out. How does the NBA system work when it comes to foreign players? So if you don't enter the draft or no team selects you, you can actually sign with a team?

So why do international guys like Rubio bother declaring for the draft and not sign for the MLE right away? Or is it that teams can only offer undrafted players the minimum?

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This isnt unexpected to be honest for me.

Morey could very well pull some 3/4 for 1 trades in offseason and we could end up needing bodies badly. Having options lined up for another point guard (Lull, Milos) could mean Lowry or Brooks is expendable as an asset in any trade. We all love Lowry but if he is the deal breaker for a major trade because he have no backups, then with something like this, he could be as good as gone.

Its fun to joke and dream but we seriously have enough pieces to land 2 max free agents. Its unlikely he can get Lebron or Wade, but adding JJ and Bosh is a hell of a consolation prize.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is crazy to even think about... :grin:

Only Daryl Morey can make an offseason so exciting!!!

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

SamFisher faints.

15. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Like I mentioned upthread, when an international player turns 22, he's automatically entered into the draft. If you don't get drafted, then you become a free agent that can sign with any team. So it doesn't make much sense for a guy like Rubio to avoid the draft if he's ready to go, since he'll be eligible at 22 and probably wouldn't go undrafted anyway.

16. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Superstars in Europe don't average eye-popping numbers like stars in the NBA. They get everybody involved, but Teodosic is a solid player. I watched some Olympiacos games this year and he would make a very nice backup. The Olympiacos made it to the finals this year so he knows how to win. (they did lose the finals though)

17. Nero

Nero Member

See I don't get this mentality at ALL. Brooks is a matchup nightmare against every opponent in the league. Teams can spend DECADES looking for a player like him. Sure he's not four inches taller, but so what? He's the fastest guard in the league, he shoots lights-out, and he is becoming more and more clutch with every passing month.

You don't give away players like this.

The kid is about to become a legitimate superstar.

I guess too many Rox fans are too young to remember all those years of having great bigs but no quality at the point.

Let me put it this way: if Brooks played for some other team - Atlanta, or Milwaukee or someone like that - and all we had was Lowry and some scrub, and there was even the POSSIBILITY of being able to acquire Brooks in some kind of a trade, the people on this board would be losing their freaking MINDS, wetting themselves with the visions of having WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE NOW.

Understand the human failing of the mindset that 'the grass is always greener'. It's not. Our grass is pretty dang green already. We're getting Yao back, and we have enough assets to pry Bosh away without giving up Brooks. Toronto is not playing from the strong hand here, as Bosh is going to leave no matter what.

Morey is not going to give up Brooks. The combination of Brooks and Lowry right now is utterly sweet, and Lowry is much more likely to leave or be traded simply because he is too good to spend too much longer as a backup. This is why Llull is looming.

4 people like this.
  18. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

Because it's a Greek company, it won't be able to match any offer more expensive than a stack of pitas. Underbid!

1 person likes this.
  19. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

How's his D?

20. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I think he's looking for another Nash in all these Euros. I know Nash isn't a Euro, but his style resembles one.