1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Top 10 Rockets Success Stories of 2009-10

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

LOL that's 10A :)

Thanks for the article Clutch.. very well done!

2. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Very enjoyable read.

On #6, my comment would be that even though we are disappointed in the lottery position, the silver lining is that with a winning record, the Rockets are a more desirable destination for sign-and-trade FA's. That could also come into play with the quality of players that might consider signing here with the MLE or LLE.

3. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Great read. Thanks.

4. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Great read Clutch! Thanks as always.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like Al,but he isn't a center. He certainly can help us score in the paint and rebound,but he isn't much of a defender. Yao and he could end up clogging the paint at times. He is also coming off from a big injury which worries me a great deal. The Wolves will ask for quite a bit,it all seems risky to me.

6. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Also the winning record and the good effort/performance by our young players will also increase their trade value in a S&T. I remember seeing somewhere that scouts always pay more attention to players who never give up when things don't go their way (injury depleted, no playoff hope, etc).

7. Raven

Raven Member

A top ten list for the Rockets. What a great idea!

:) :) :)

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A very good read as usual,I would have liked to see Luis' post Landry play as part of the success stories. He managed to maintain his efficiency and did better than Ariza.
    Nice to see Llull getting mentioned, although I would have put Lowry as a success story instead of him.

#28 saleem, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  9. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Definitely a superb top 10 i must say.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Spot on, Clutch. Thanks.

12. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

No. 11A: T-Mac and his drama (along with his apologists) are finally gone. Bad news is we'd have to find the next scapegoat.

No. 11B: Scola proves his worth and then some. If we can find an upgrade (Bosh), great. If not, I wouldn't be disappointed if we simply re-sign Scola.

No. 11C: Lowry proves his worth and then some. Bad news is he is now looking for a starter role.

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I was wrong on his defensive part. I though he is a very good defender, if not, I prefer to have someone who can play a good defense. It sounds like that Bosh is still a better choice since he can play both ends

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Terrific article, Clutch! I loved how you described our players who really stepped up this season, the acquisitions and how they're improving the team, and then capped it off by gleefully drooling over who we might get by trading them. :grin:

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Clutch is the black Solomon

1 person likes this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

Not true @ 11A

while many of the TOF's have left.....almost all of the TOH's are still here. They won't let us forget about McGrady....EVER.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Wow, people are still hoisting thoughtful analysis above real sports journalism... wow... absolutely amazing...

Solomon put out some thoughtless blog post, but let it go, seriously. He's supposed to be critical. I think he was right in some of it in that this year was mediocre.

Honestly, I expected this team to make playoffs. The hustle wasn't enough. They didn't play hard enough in many of those games they blew, as pointed out by Rick in many interviews. Many of the games they lost were games they should have won.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

btw, I think this is a great analysis of the season. Thanks Clutch!

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Well said

20. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like AR but we need to win now. Our window is 3 years IMO for winning. AR still has a lot of growing to do. I rather get someone like AJ. We know exactly what we're getting from him.