1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Lee 30-20-10

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by moestavern19, Apr 3, 2010.

1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

YOUR MY BOY BLUE! YOUR MY BOY!

Another fine power forward/center from the University of Florida in the past decade. I really wish he'd go to a decent team.

Speights should have stayed longer.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amazing, but yeah, I would still take Scola over him... :grin:

3. Fuse

Fuse Member

Not to be downer... but those stats came with a loss.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If Lee played in Phoenix, do you think he'd put up similar numbers as Amare?

5. Fuse

Fuse Member

I think Amare is still more explosive than Lee, but Lee's rebounding numbers would blow Amare out of the water.

6. trugoy

trugoy Member

David Lee is a worse defensive player than scola, that should tell you something.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

This is a myth. David Lee is an above average defensive player on a terrible defensive team.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

See above.

9. ralphacy

ralphacy Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHg2rRjGZNg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHg2rRjGZNg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I would trade Shane plus Jermaine plus our first rounder for a re-signed David Lee. And if NY wanted Trevor instead of Shane, I'd do that too.

Yao/Scola/Lee/Hill/Hayes would be a nice big man combo and championship level.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think people who say he's an awful defender are wrong. He's not a good defender, but I don't think he's any worse than Scola.

"Can't grab defensive rebounds consistently"

GTFO.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

LOL so would I, but why would the knicks?

13. raj87

raj87 Member

David Lee is currently duplicating Shawn Marion's role and production when Marion was on the Suns, specifically while Amare Stoudemire was injured.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah, as Bima has pointed out time and again, NY can't do any sign and trade for Lee without ruining the cap space they worked so hard to free up... maybe if they strike out horribly on the free agent market, and David Lee says he doesn't want to play for the Knicks anymore and demands a sign and trade, but it's a very long shot.

15. tosweet68

tosweet68 Member

You think there is a lot of Lee "haters" here......go to the RealGM Knicks board and see what they think of their own player......now there is some "hate" :p

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course Amare is way more explosive and athletic than Lee. But I am talking about production. With Nash feeding him the ball, I think Lee could conceivably have similar offensive production as Amare. And Lee is a better rebounder and no worse defender.

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I will be honest, I thought Lee was a good player but a product of his system HOWEVER after watching him more lately,he is a dam good player. I don't care what system he plays in, those numbers are SICK. You put him next to a good center...WATCH THE F OUT. :eek:

18. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

1. The Knicks still loss.
    2. Against the Warriors.
    3. Product of the system.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Well, many are just judging on how he looks. I mean he doesn't look the part of a superstar or even a role player... but he pulls it off night in and night out.

20. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Product of the system argument is weak to me: D'Antoni didn't even want him to be a part of his system. And what exactly is this system that helps David Lee excel? He's no Steve Nash, he doesn't have the ball in his hands every play, so the assist numbers at the very least can't be a product of the system.