1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The New and Improved Trevor Ariza

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by petechillcutt, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Show some respect. Change your user name.

2. petechillcutt

petechillcutt Member

respect is earned not given my friend...and this

"Originally Posted by petechillcutt

yada-yada)"

is not just distasteful but disrepectful as well.

I PITY THE FOOL

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You pity yourself.

4. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Aaron afflalo. Rookie contract. Anyhow, Ariza almost double his points, rebounds and steals with 10 extra minutes while Afflalo have better shooting percentage.
    Ronnie Brewer is so good that he is warming the bench for Memphis. And he is still at his 4th year of his rookie contract.

As of this season, he is earning 5.8m with the total salary of rox at 69.2m. So you are saying that 5th in points, 2nd in rebounds and 3rd in assist is not a good return? In numbers that will be 15.6, 5.6 and 3.7.

Do you know how many players in the league actually have that average? 11 players total.

Why don't you compare Ariza's contract to Durant's as well next time.......

5. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Say it again my brother!

you can't even spell the name chilcutt OP :)

6. soinlife

soinlife Member

forum fight!!!

7. anchel

anchel Member

Ariza is offensively more helpful than some think... with the right environment. Also, another thing that often is not considered in this forum is the fact that some players are able to do something at RS level that they can't transfer to an elite level, and Trevor has proved he can do it on the most difficult playoff games. That's very interesting considering he's still a young player.

He's offensively better than I thought; worse on 1on1 defense. Will improve the defensive concepts with time, and the effectiveness of his defensive style with Yao instead a 6-6 center.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Quite a few players could average Ariza's numbers if they played the number of minutes he does and averaged the amount of shots he takes.

Thanks for playing.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

To be fair, it isn't really so much about you, but that the GARM is confusing enough with 38,000+ members, without having to remember which moniker is which dude (or dudette, if that's the proper nomenclature). It's about respecting the GARM.

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

You know I'm with you and the "real" Pete. It's not my fight, but right is right. Dude needs to change his name

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

There is some light at the end of the tunnel regarding Ariza. He has played more controlled on offense and not been so immature on the court since Martin arrived. I doubt he is ever going to be a good value compared to the other players Morey seems to acquire but I do think if he continues to stay disciplined on offense and becomes more focused/consistent on defense he can be a great glue guy for us in the future.

He absolutely has to be the 4th or 5th option offensively on the floor in order for his positives to outweigh his negatives.

12. crocktees

crocktees Member

Probably never even watched him play. Respect the name.
    petechillcutt1998 wasn't taken??

13. Pete Chilcutt

The wise have spoken.

There is only one Pete Chilcutt

WITH ONE L

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

It's pretty hilarious that both of you have the same name (sans an extra 'L' in one of them). Is this a just a bad coincidence or did "chillcutt" guy actually make it to mock the original "chilcutt"? Hope this makes some sense.

15. petechillcutt

petechillcutt Member

Haha you guys are funny man..I'll say it again for the 1000th time, i had NO idea there was a Pete Chilcutt on this board when I joined a month ago, I put two 'L's in it ON PURPOSE and I'm sorry if it's just eating you up inside and causing you to lose sleep but, but if your that bothered by it just start every one of your posts with "this is the REAL Pete Chilcutt, not the devilish imposter from outworld" or something because I don't care enough about my screenname or yours to change it..

I love the rockets and I joined to discuss my opinions on them just like all of you obviously have, so instead of getting worked up about a digital name that apparently one of you have a US patent on and others just think is so appalling and attacking my every post, come with an opinion and some material to back it up.

And don't make it about respect, because none of you have shown any.

On a happy note: Have a Nice Day

1 person likes this.
  16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

LOL

I won't get all self-moddy about it, personally. Hell, there's only a gazillion username derivations of T-Mac out there.

And isn't there a Chilly_Pete?

17. Pete Chilcutt

Chilly_Pete is a cool guy I like his posts.

Chilly_Pete looks nothing like my username. It's just confusing and annoying kind of. I'm sure people can disquinish between us though so whatever.

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Why are you arguing with yourself in this thread? :confused: ;)

19. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

yea hes better.. still isnt all that great but better

20. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

He's proven he's a master thief but he got so many wide open looks on the Lakers that you can't really say that he proved himself offensively. He's not a good 3pt shooter... actually, Ariza was shooting a good FG% before but has poor % on the Rockets.

This indicates that he was a good role player in limited minutes, but given 30+ mins with a green light and his FG% drops off dramatically. I mean check this out: his career FG% is better than any of the other career FG% Rockets' shooters (not post players). And this year? He has the worst FG% on our entire team. More shots equals more misses.

I love Ariza for his steals but please, take away his green light. Ariza is good in small doses.