1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just an impossible dream ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kuato, Mar 9, 2010.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

That's gross.

Say no to more floppers.

2. rox81

rox81 Member

Manu is a flopper, but let's be honest, so is Scola! Some of the charges Scola draws are clearly fouls on his part. That's just part of the game now, I suppose.

(Maybe the refs feel like they're making up for those favorable charge calls by pronouncing phantom travels on the Scolemeister. The guy just takes some awkward, funny-looking steps in the paint. That don't mean he's travelin'!)

Why the hating on Manu? I don't hate every player on every rival team - just the scummy ones, like John Stockton (or anyone else who has ever played for the Utah Jazz). Tim Duncan, for example, is a guy I've always respected. I wouldn't put Manu in the same category, but he's a hard-worker and a man you can trust in the final seconds of the game.

What if Scola were traded to the Spurs? That would fulfill Manu's dream, as well. If we landed a Bosh or a Stoudemire in the offseason, maybe ol' Luuuuuuiiiiiis would be that much more expendable - though I'd hate to see him go.

Land Manu, deal half of Battriza. Get 'er done, Morey!

3. towW

towW Member

injury prone?

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Dude would fit in nicely since we have a team that flops like crazy lolol...

RT@RocketsJCF Rockets have 5 of the NBA's top 13 in charges drawn this season (Jeffries, Lowry, Hayes, Battier & Scola).

5. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

If he's willing to sign with the MLE, why not?

The Spurs have made it known that they will NOT re-sign him because of him burning the bridge with them because of him playing in the FIBA and Olympics.

Plus, we have so much to offer him, a chance to get his 4th ring, playing with a great supporting cast, which includes his best freind Scola, assuming we re-sign him.

It seems like a low risk, high reward deal to me. We might need to get rid of Battier or Ariza, and my bet is it will be Battier.

Git R' Done Morey!

6. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

His injuries are more freak accidents such as Kevin Martin, then chronic such as T-Mac.

Plus, we have the best medical staff in the league!

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Manu has seen better days! For one game he may look impressive but let's not tie up money on any more guys who are older and often injured. If the Spurs give up on him that should be a sign that he's done. They aren't stupid.

8. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

One thing I've always wondered about Ginobili is why does he only get 28 min/game? Surely the Spurs could benefit from 35 min/game of Manu.

9. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

We have to add som veteran talent espacially with a young squad like ours. He is a good player that would be a very nice addition but at what price?

10. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i hate manu, but that will obviously change if he comes to the rox haha

11. kuato

kuato Member

They aren't stupid ? , they left Scola go. :grin:

12. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Manu? Euuuuhm ... no thanks! Nice thread ... do you have 10 posts now? :rolleyes:

13. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

Not sure if a flopper can be as effective when on a team of other floppers. As well, you need atleast one defender to stay on his feet.

14. wfox

wfox Member

I think someone mentioned somewhere that anything is possible.

15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Best flopper of all time...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DgPHIT61FfU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DgPHIT61FfU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Horry's magic...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ukde193ivM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ukde193ivM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. towW

towW Member

I dont think he's played a whole season in the NBA, even in the olympics he re-injured his ankle.
    Seeing how he's only getting older... tmac part 2 here we come.
    We already have freak accidents in Martin and Yao.
    imo we need to get younger not the opposite.

17. battousai

battousai Member

possible, but why would he leave the spurs unless they just don't want him.

18. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

I think Clutch be all up on my jock. Member status with like 10 posts?

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Don't be jealous :p

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Ginobli averages 28 minutes because he is very injury prone. Both of his legs can give from some injury at any given time. It doesn't help that he plays so recklessly either. His skills are definitely great though. He was compared to Kobe at one point in time by people after all.