1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rodney Stuckey has a seizure !!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MacYao223, Mar 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Space City

coincidence that he had had medical problems before

2. Sman2k10

Sman2k10 Member

i saw that. Hopefully he feels better soon. Prayers for him and his family.

3. luisantonio1014

It doesn't look like he went into convulsion, just collapsed. Maybe he had a different type of seizure. I don't think it was epileptic.

Either way, I hope he feels better.

4. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

fist time I witnessed such a scary incident I thought he was having aheart attack, I was really horrified, I glad it was noting too serious, just a minor seisure, prayers go out to him and family for a safe recovery, i once had a seisure

5. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Very scary moment... i really thought when they showed him laying on the ground and you could only see his feet that it was serious. Started to think about Hank Gathers... get well soon Rodney.

6. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Glad to hear he is doing ok, never like to see a thing like this... we had a kid die in a local game where I live once so its always a worry to see something like this. Good to see the Cavs show some maturity for once as well.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Have to say I bet the 2008 incident is related and this is ultimately a heart issue -- started some sort of very irregular beat.

If that's true, they should be able to really diagnose him and treat it well. Not sure what it means for basketball future though.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That was weird last night you could see quite a bit of panic in the eyes of the people treating him. It's really strange not to wake up for so long after having a seizure.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Scary. When you see someone who, in terms of physical health, is in the top .01% of people, get struck down like that, it really reminds you that life is fragile.

10. TimBly15

TimBly15 Member

We're praying for you in Houston

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Unbelievably scary. I assume he'll be OK now and hope he only returns to basketball if it's safe. Otherwise, his rookie contract should take care of him for life.

12. SwiftRocket

SwiftRocket Member

It's hard to say what caused the siezure, for someone his age you got to be really concerned about a tumor. Also sometimes you can't get IV access on these folks because they will be violently seizing so you give it per rectum, he didn't look to be in status though.

13. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

What was up with Prince during this? Either he was so distressed he couldn't get near Stuckey or he didn't give two ****s...

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

15. Jet036

Jet036 Member

epilepsy doesn't always result in convulsions...at least the early stages don't

My cousin's had epilepsy for about 10 years. For whoever asked, it's caused by a malformation in the brain. It has nothing to do with the heart.

16. luisantonio1014

Yea my sister has epilepsy and she didn't have convulsions until she was about 14 and they say she's had it all her life. She now takes medicine every day so thank goodness she hasn't had one in like 10 years.

I do know there is different type of seizures. I have a cousin who would get seizures where his eyes would roll back and he would just stand there for about a minute. It's scary to witness any kind of seizure.

17. tmacROX1

tmacROX1 Member

scary..........

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Ah my mistake then

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, my theory is out the window according to that tweet from Woj.

I guess it's good news, but now it's more mysterious, neurological I guess (?)

Yikes, I hope they give the kid some sort of diagnosis.