1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey: Rockets Will Replace Landry Through Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by LongTimeFan, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Garner

Garner Member

what if we go after Marcus Landry?!

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The reason for this statement is because Morey will not deal with Landry's agent- much to the detriment of the team! :p

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i think Gani Lawal would be a good fit as a bench player in the rotation if we can buy a later 1st round pick on top of this one somehow (cause I don't think he's supposed to drop to the 2nd)

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This came from walterfootball.com, I know a football site but it caught me off guard at the part bolded. Many here would actually have a contrary opinion to that.

Henry looks like a nice player with potential but if anything I'd love to have Greg Monroe in Houston. His style of play really fits well with what we do.

5. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

If he has the heart Carl does, fine, but Carl is just special

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

IDK, I'm just not big fan of 6'8 Power Forwards, however I did like Landry's effort in his game :grin:.

With that said I would much rather have Morey trade (future picks, NY) or purchase picks from Miami (17th & 19th picks), and draft 7'1 Salomon Alabi & 6'3 Avery Bradley...this would be in addition to our own pick(Monroe, Aldrich, Whiteside, etc)....

Solomon Alabi 22yr old C | 7'1 | NBA comparison: Samuel Dalembert
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6i4NkZ8RbU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6i4NkZ8RbU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Avery Bradley 19yr old PG/SG | 6'3 | NBA comparison: Monte Ellis
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OjKwlBSyNM0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OjKwlBSyNM0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

--RB

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Carl Landry is a nice player(FAR FROM SPECIAL), but his stock was NEVER going to be higher and they got him for a 2nd Rnd pick.

And when you consider they were able to get:
    the Knicks Lotto pick from 2009 (Jordan Hill),
    potentially a Lotto pick in 2011,
    and a potential lottery pick in 2012,
    for Landry, a washed up Mcgrady, and a never was in Dorsey
    the trade was a no-brainer.

Landry is never going to be a superstar player (always undersized)
    and since the team wasn't going to win the title this year, make the trade and use your lottery pick and build towards the future.

I like Larry Sanders PF from VCU!
    He checks in at 6'10 220 with a 7'6 1/2 wingspan
    & he's a shot blocking demon who's an elite athlete. He has some tools offensively & is super intense. I think he's a real sleeper this year.

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Am I the only one seeing some Mutombo/Hakeem JR? As in funny african dude coming from far away to dominate?

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

via DraftExpress:

10. SunsRocketsfan

dont know why Morey was so high on Jordan Hill if he is still looking for another PF. Guess he doesnt have much confidence that Hill will pan out and replace Landry. Way too early to judge but it's starting to look more and more like a bust

11. LifeisButaDream

Because we still need a c/pf.And if we lose Scola that only leaves us with Hill and Jeffries.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Uhh.. what?

13. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Bradley looks like a nice pickup from what i've seen of UT this year, maybe not worth a top 10 pick IMO.

I'm also intrigued in j'covan brown, doubt he'll declare this year, but if its the case i'd love to pick him up with a late 2nd!

14. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

NO NO NO to J'covan Brown....Went to high school with him, TOTAL headcase

15. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

Favors, Monroe or Whiteside preferably

16. bellclare1

bellclare1 Member

Greg Monroe.....I know this is ah PF thread but if we get avery bradley goodbye lowry believe me...

17. Hball

Hball Member

Cole seems like a Morey type of player.

18. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Two words Hassan Whiteside. :grin:

19. wfox

wfox Member

Huh, no one is really talking about Sanders, but from what you're saying, we should definitely look into him. Explosiveness is such a great tool for bigs. It isn't everything, but Landry's explosiveness makes him excel. I still remember what a revelation it was when Landry first came in and dunked absolutely EVERYTHING, something no one on our team except occasionally t-mac ever showed. It would be great to have that again on the Rockets.

Obviously Cousins, Favors, and Whiteside are the top prospects. But come on, we have a minimal chance of getting one. Realistically, Monroe and Sanders look like great possibilities in the 10-14 range.

I don't know why people are so high on Aldrich and Alabi-neither have the build to play PF, and they barely show enough tools to be a reliable back-up C, much less a starter. The more I watch them, the less impressive they become. I know you can't teach height, but Thabeet had more talent than either of them, and he can be optimistically described as a 'project' at best, and a complete & utter **** up at worst.

20. Chamillionaire

i would love morey to trade up and get cousins or favors. they are almost guaranteed future all-stars.