1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Official T-Mac as a Knick Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Feb 18, 2010.

1. PeppermintCandy

This post-surgery version of McGrady reminds me of Hedo Turkoglu a lot. Both players aren't the quickest or the most athletic, but they have size, know how to pass, are good shooters and will get to the basket.

If Tracy can remain healthy, motivated and aggressive, he can be an excellent third option on a playoff team.

1 person likes this.
  2. Christopher

Christopher Member

You have to love fans of Mr December.

Of course he scored a lot of points. He is playing in a team going no where in a game that meant nothing!

1 person likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

What´s the point of all that idiotic hating even if he proves he still has something left in his tank?

4. VBG

VBG Member

Umm what? T-Mac's playoff stats are way better than his regular season stats, so dunno what you're trying to say here

5. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Are you talking about T-Mac on the Knicks or any player on the Rockets?

6. Christopher

Christopher Member

And its gets better.....they lost the game!

Im so glad we dont have to deal with that loser any more.

1 person likes this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Man sorry to say that but you just talkin *beep*
    It´s unbelievable to blame the loss on him when he put up great numbers and the Knicks only lost by 3 points to OKC. What did Jordan accomplish with the Wizards, did you call him "no playoff sissy jordan" back then?

1 person likes this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Wtf??? Who the f*** are u to say what a fan is?? So are you telling me i cant be a fan of lebron or wade and be a real fan of my home team or of the rockets??? If you seriously believe half the crap you post, you need to get a grip and realize you ARE NOT a BETTER FAN than other ppl NOR are you the arbitar of what makes one a real or fake fan.

And for the record I'm not a Mcgrady fan but Dwade fan... and if you think that makes me a fake rockets fan, as they say in battlestar... frak you.

1 person likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stacy fans...:rolleyes:

He is in a perfect situation, the offense is based around him, and he can get away with playing ZERO defense, and he can lose while getting patted on the back...

Daryl Morey is a genius...

Tracy fans and their numbers. :rolleyes:

Anyone watch his defense? Or his running of the floor?

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The offense isn´t based around him, he got the baskets himself.
    Did you watch him passing and playing for his teammates?
    Also he did score against a good D by OKC and his D wasn´t that bad.

You think calling him "Stacy", flaming his fans and saying "Daryl Morey is a genius" blabla makes that post better?

11. RocketMania1991

Give it a break man.

You like every other Tracy Mcgrady hater on here is constantly making new threads and posts expressing your hate for the guy.

We get it you don't like the guy. I'm sure once Martin does something wrong he'll be getting the flames to.

12. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Dropping 26? I thought the Rockets said he was done for? If he keeps this up and resigns with the Knicks for a $10 millionish/year deal, I guaruntee LeBron will be in New York.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

It's clear as daylight you didnt see the game. s stop talking out of you're behind. Tmac if anything was looking to pass all the time. he got 26 on 10-17 without even looking to even pick up the ante.
    Face it, YOF's like you were praying that mcgrady wouldbe done, but now you're not looking so bright.

14. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

it meant alot to mcgrady, each game is an audition to extend his career

15. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i worked until one, git home at 1 watched the rockets, knicks, kings games and now i am exhausted, but this is what i thought about mcgrady tonight:

he played okay, he didn't move around much, he drove hard to the basket, but never had a step on anyone, didn't really cross anyone over, he was conservative with the ball and executed pretty well, missed 2 key free throws towards the end of regulation though...

anyways was glad to see mac play, he was def happy to play, the fans loved him, i think he is in a great place for this season.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Maybe it's because it's his first game where played above 10 minutes in 12 months?

17. bloop

bloop Member

He's saying no team led by Tmac is going anywhere.

And that he cant close in crunch time.

Today Tmac gets a pass because he simply physically did not have the stamina to keep playing in overtime. But it's a valid criticism, Tmac can score a ton and passes well. But when it comes to closing games and taking smart % shots at the end Tmac loses.

I've been saying for 2 months that Les and Morey ****ed things up and that they should have seen what Tmac had left in the tank. But this is hardly unexpected from Tmac. Objectively, as a guy who wants to see Tmac do well, he is in a perfect situation where he can put up good numbers in a no-pressure situation where no one expects his team to do anything.

All 3 teams involved in the trade lost their games... and of the 3 main pieces traded Tmac had by far the best night. So not hating, Tmac deserved a chance and he's got a great one in NY. But Tmac is what he is.

18. VBG

VBG Member

Agreed. T-Mac is not a primary option anymore

Well, this could change with his conditioning. Some more game time would be good.

Not sure about this. T-Mac got off some nice inbound passes. He knew his limits as well.

True. T-Mac's stats will be relatively inflated because the almost all of his team sucks. David Lee and Eddie House don't dominate the ball at all.

But again. It's just 1 game. He might fizzle out. He might get better. Nash won his MVPs at older. Grant Hill came back solidly at older

19. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

It shows the inability to understand the game of basketball with a lot of these TOF's. Everything T-Mac did tonight proved why he is not a fit in Houston, hence a good trade to get rid of him... it does not matter if he scored 26. He played zero defense, did not move without the ball and constantly stopped ball movement. He has played the same his whole career and most teams have been built around this, the Rockets built a team around TEAM offense and he never bought into that. Can you people not understand that?

Now at the Knicks they play zero defense and he can get away with whatever on offense, its a much better fit for him. So why bother staying here talking him up? Go to the Knicks forums, the haters will continue to hate... I and many others will continue to follow Mac and hope he does well because he was our star player for a few years but at the same time are glad we moved on.

3 people like this.
  20. pli777

pli777 Member

Probably the most logical post in this thread.