1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Question: Since Morey got owned in the last Kings deal....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, Feb 18, 2010.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Hey Dave, how does it feel to be out of the playoffs since 2006–2007?

How has Donte and BJax worked out for you?

Ron sold us out for the Fakers. Everyone thought we were going to be gutter bait. We have defied odds this year and have a winning record without 2 superstars and Ron Artest.

I think we ended up winning that trade.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Everybody from Sacto I know absolutely hates the city. They hate it so much that they are so embarrassed to mention they grew up there.

4. dexkk

dexkk Member

come on people, show some sense of humor.

5. carmichael dave

Simple: Would you trade Trevor Ariza and no playoffs last year for Donte Greene and Omri Casspi?

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

[​IMG]

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Nobody looks at a trade in hindsight.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dave is messing with you rookies...:)

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No way... We took the champions to 7 without McGrady, Yao Ming and Dikembe Mutombo... When is the last time the Kings accomplished something so awesome?;)

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the artest deal worked out for both teams the rockets became an instant contender and went further in the playoffs than they have in over a decade

the kings got 2 young guys who can be a part of their rotation for a while i dont feel greene or casspi are all-star type players but very solid role guys who will fit in well.

artest left wasnt more because of Yao's injury than anything the team knew they had to go into a totally different mode of building a team.

I harbor no more ill towards Ron he did what he needed to do, get a long term deal with a contender. We got Ariza out of it which i think will pay dividends next season

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

everyone benefited from this trade. the knicks took the riskiest route putting everything in this FA class, but that was what walsh promised when he got here.

the kings got an inside guy + cap space to build around tyreke

and we got a legit SG + picks to work with. but i definitely feel better about this trade now than last night. morey continues to do his thing.

12. carmichael dave

I'd rather no playoffs than 2nd round, you get a better pick. But that's just me. I want a title in my lifetime. But that's just me, and I know I'm in the minority.

Donte Greene and Omri Casspi make up 40 percent of our starting lineup. So I guess they worked out ok, especially considering Donte could be getting ready for march madness with Syracuse right about now, getting feeds from Jonny Flynn.

13. carmichael dave

me? no way dude. never.

14. caminsky

caminsky Member

What are 110 degree days worth without oppressive humidity. If the people here in Houston weren't going to kill Landry the weather was.

15. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

Kmart will break at some point again... Then what, we have another tmac story. Plus he is less talented than mac. Now we have only scola down low. The rockets will have a tough time scoring down low, and getting to the line.

Oh and we gave up Dorsey in this deal. We should Have at least kept him and gave them Cook.

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Lol, people still taking his comment so seriously.

Welcome back Dave.

17. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

I love when people from losing teams say they would rather no playoffs... get real, you like to sit through 82 games of crap every year so you get a higher draft pick?? really, guy could be a bust and if not when you're dealing with terrible teams they probably walk out as soon as they can anyways.

18. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

LOL @ the previous comments.

Hi Carmichael Dave!

19. carmichael dave

I will trade Tyreke Evans for an 8 seed last year....

20. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

Last time I checked the Sac Queens sucked for the past 5-8 yrs.....We also have the best coach in Queens history in Rick Adelman.....only good thing bout that trade was queens sux so bad ya ended up with Tyreke evans.....and OUR BOY Landry will help ya out until he leave ya after next yr for big money....