1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would a Lebron/Wade duo really be any better than Jordan/Pippen?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Francis 4 ever, Jan 29, 2010.

1. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Tmac with player X would be better.

2. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Depends on who's coaching the team and the role players.

Jordan/Pippen had Phil Jackson.

3. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

You may not like Pippen because of what he did or didn't do in Houston, but don't forget that these guys led the best team in history in terms of wins. I know that nostalgia often makes people have a somewhat biased and skewed perspective, but I'm pretty sure that most here wouldn't be quick to dismiss Jordan and Pippen for any other duo, including Kobe and Lebron, who don't have the defense that the other two had.

4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

If they win 7 rings, then they are better.

5. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Why would either LeBron or Wade want to team up?

Especially Wade. I would think he would want to lead a team on his own, and not play the supporting role, because Lebron is definitely the main guy in this duo.

Wade could come to Houston and be the man if he wanted.

6. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

HELL NO.. Wade is more like Jordan then Lebron sorry ass and Wade isnt better than Jordan so thats a resounding NO

7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

In terms of style of play, I look at both Wade and Lebron like big PG's. That's where their strengths are. They are drive and dish players. If you take the ball out of their hands they are just not as good.

Pairing Kobe with either one of them would be much better. He has a much more consistent jumper all over the court and a nice post up game.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Kobe is a really good defensive player and so is LBJ. Personally my view is that Kobe and Mj would more or less cancel each other out and as good as Pippen is he's no match for LBJ's size,strength and speed.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What if it was a 2-on-2 game? I might give LBJ/Wade an advantage then.

But in a normal NBA setting, Jordan/Pippen is the one I'd go with.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Drexler and Hakeem...

11. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Pippen accepted a role on the team as the secondary guy with his focus being on defense, I think players these days don't have that mentality. Its the 'look at me' era we live in, Wade and Lebron would not accept the role as a secondary complimentary player like Pippen. Thus they wont be as good a duo............

12. tmacROX1

tmacROX1 Member

cause u cant build ur team if u actually do or else you will be broke in the 2011 offseason duh???????? :confused:

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

idk... they looked pretty good together in the olympics...

the only thing that would worry me is neither one is really a good 3pt shooter, though they both can get hot from anywhere.