1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[XBOX 360/PC] Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chuck 4, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

If it's going to happen it won't happen soon. It'll take time and money to port it over to PS3 but M$ knows they have a hit on their hand so they are keeping it all to themselves for the trilogy.

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I played the first 10 minutes on a 360 kiosk in Gamestop. It was awesome. Looked amazing too.

I enjoyed the first game. I'll probably pick this up sometime tomorrow.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Picking mine up after work today. Looking forward to it.

4. sccdct34

sccdct34 Member

uggh, Im in the Dominican Republic till Sunday and have to wait till then.... stinks!

5. dantonv08

dantonv08 Member

I just picked it up but i have to wait for Microsoft finish repairing my xbox's RRoD

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I have this game on PC, and I just purchased a new gaming rig. Game looks incredible. The only gripe so far is that the video and audio don't seem to sync up. The video is running fast, so the end of dialog gets cut off.

7. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Man, I pulled an all-nighter last night on ME2; it's just that good. I got it for the PC and it runs just great on my computer @ 1900 x 1200 resolution. I think I have a core 2 quad processor and a geforce 8800 gts video card, so it's not the latest or greatest gaming rig by any stretch.

The graphics, gameplay, voice acting, just about everything has been amped up from ME1 to ME2. It's really funny to hear Shepard endorsing his favorite places to shop and asking for discounts on the Citadel.

I played DA:O all Nov/Dec and gave it an 8.5 back then. ME2 takes a dump all over DA:O. If ME2 is a 10, then DA:O has got to be scaled back to a 6 or 7.

Outstanding, get it now!

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Do I need to have played the first to play this one?

9. A00man

A00man Member

If you want a more personalized story, and to get the full experience out of Mass Effect 2, then yes, you absolutely need to play the first. No reason not to either. The first is an amazing game (even with it's technical problems). You can get it for $20. Play it first.

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I'd recommend it, to fully enjoy the story. it's $20 brand new and you can finish it in about 15-20 hours.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Thanks, I just picked up Bioshock for the same reason, I heard Bioshock 2 was gonna be great.

12. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Bioshock 1 was pretty great.

13. Steve_Francis_rules

Good to hear. That's next on my list to buy. As a result, I probably won't get around to ME2 for quite a while.

14. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Will play this game tonight after work, can't wait!!!

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This game is so epic.

16. YaosDirtyStache

I am creaming myself, this game is TOO good!

17. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

I was actually playing ME1 when ME2 dropped, and started up and ME2 which is freaking amazing. I had to stop myself from playing it even more, because I really wanna get through ME1 to see how everything carries over. Both are awesome games, and it helped that i got ME1 for $5 on steam.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

ahh i'm going to have to play this like 10 times over so i can explore the choices!

19. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

Yeah definitely play Mass Effect 1 once or twice if you haven't already. Some of what carries over is interesting.

Also just an FYI. Dr. Pepper is doing a promotion for EA where they give you a special code under the cap when you purchase a bottle. The code can be used to redeem special items in certain EA games (Mass Effect 2 included). There's a total of 3 items for Mass Effect 2 and it lets you choose which one to get, though I think you may be able to get all three just by getting three codes.

20. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I'm curious what video card some of you running right now. I'm running an old BFG 8800GTX OC. Working fine so far with Dragon Age.