1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady Tired of These Cameo Roles

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Dec 24, 2009.

1. 34to11

34to11 Member

Exactly.
    Amazing how so many have jumped on the scandalous spin even with more accurate video available.

2. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

He doesn't play like it, the word you are looking for there is ACTING and SAYING like he is. He's not though, I agree with you. He thinks he's a star player but he's not. I said last season this guy's star days are over and his best days are behind him. For some reason, nobody believed me they were like. WHEN HEALTHY, TMAC IS GOD.

3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

IN YOUR OPINION

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

IN RICK ADELMAN'S OPINION !

DD

5. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I concur.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

In Rick's opinion, Ariza deserves 38 minutes a night, so don't ever say anything bad about Ariza ever again.

7. DaDakota

Oh...ho ho ho...move that bar, change the conversation.....not apples to apples...

Stay on target, stay on target.

TMac thread.....TMAC thread........stay on target.

DD

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

AMEN TO THAT!!!!! Finally someone gets it! Wake up people! rep + (like I have the power)

< end DD impersonation >

9. caneks

caneks Rookie

In Rick's opinon, Ariza is a part of the future plan for this team, so you can say anything about him.
    TMac is not, so you can not say anything about him.

10. worzel gummidge

Contact the writer for an explanation before attacking his credibilty:
    http://www.fanhouse.com/staff/tim-povtak/

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4977309&postcount=193

11. nerdyyatrice

nerdyyatrice Member

exactly, he is still playing the "give me the ball and get out of my way" type of game, that's just not gonna make it, T-mac you just don't get it.

12. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Has anybody on this board ever been paid on a contract? I mean can argue with the man about wanting to play more because YES HE IS ON A FREAKING CONTRACT YEAR. The man has to make a living. It thought it was absurd not to put T-Mac back in cause clearly Ariza was struggling and it would have been smart to but him back in the freakin game. We were down 10 with 5 minutes left. Who knows what could have happened with Mac back in the game but it couldnt have been any worse of the outcome at hand right? It couldnt have been anyworse that Ariza going 1-10 right? I think T-Mac's minutes should be doubled starting with the Nets because we damn sure need the help.

As for DD, i've been reading the boards and just started recently posting, but your knowledge of basketball is great. Period. But your biased towards T-Mac is just annoying, and just as annoying and selfish just as you portray T-Mac to be as an NBA player. Your credibility is lost if you think Von is not a cancer to the team as is McGrady, period. You think T-Mac is all about "me me me" right? As i recall Von Hawk was sent to the locker room by Adelman because he wanted in the game for himself right? Talk about selfish.

Ever since McGrady has been in Houston we have been a winning franchise. Even though the Astros went to the world series they have about 2 exciting season and thats about it and as for the Texans we all know their story. McGrady and Yao have both put Houston back on the map in the NBA for this
    decade. I dont think Von Hawk even 5% as successful as T-Mac if he were put in that roll and you damn well know that. You say T-Mac has no passion? We led us to the playoffs all but 2 years since he's been here. Well in the NBA it does take some kind of effort to make the playoffs and for those playoff teams Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming were the leaders. Tracy does deserve all of credit on helping us have past success in making the playoffs.

I went to the Clippers game and when Tracy was on the floor its just more of an exciting team...I dunno

T-Mac is unfairly hated on. And though he was kinda of sluggesh on the defensive end in the last game, when he is on the floor he makes everyone around him better and I cannot say that for many players in the NBA and yes that includes Von Wafer.

13. DaDakota

He is not the victim here, it is the Rockets fans and expecting a man to honor his contract and play hard and EARN time on the floor, we are the ones being cheated.

Who is comparing him to Von? How can you compare a guy making $23 million to a guy making $1?

And yes, I am biased against Tracy, I know a loser when I see one, and he is a loser.

DD

14. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When Tracy Got here. . .the Rockets were a playoff team.
    They lost to a Team with 4 Hall of Famers on it . . . in the 1st Round

Since he been here. . . we have lost in the 1st round . . .
    To teams that were INFERIOR to that Team with 4 Hall of Famers on it.

Only time we moved beyond the 1st round . .. he was in street clothes
    [From a Surgery he chose and announce to Steven A Smith with out telling
    the organization]

The Net Result of a TMAC lead team is at best. . . .5~8 more regular season wins. . . . for 23 million a year. . . . *YAWN!* . . not much bang for the buck!

Rocket River

16. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Those 5-8 games can be the difference of making the playoffs or not. And yeah we were an 8th seeded playoff team before he got here correct?

And wasn't it JVG who wanted Tracy McGrady? and their relationship here was great. I think that speaks volumes.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Coach Adelman, is that really you?? :)

18. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Um, yeah, he does, as we don't really have a better option other than Taylor or using McGrady for more minutes, neither of which is going to happen.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

so if tmac pretty much keeps playing the same, yet his minutes get bumped up, what's the reasoning then?

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. We were a Playoff Team when he got here. . . at best he maintained what was already in place.
    2. Him and JVG liked each other. . . that an 4$ can get ya cup of Coffee at Starbucks

BTW - JVG is not my GOD either. . .so Using him to Prop up TMac is not helping

Rocket RIver