1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Megafight crumbling...Mayweather threatens to pull out of showdown with Paquiao

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Evil Empire, Dec 16, 2009.

1. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

The fight should be at 147. Anything lower is r****ded. Manny is a Welter Weight champion now...at 147 pounds.

If Manny is trying to get some bull**** catchweight then he needs to be stripped of the 147 championship, or take less money.

That website is well known for hating on Floyd. Regardless, if Manny is trying to get some bull**** catchweight at 144 then he should take less money.

You are a welter weight so fight at the correct weight. Funny how in that same article, they bash Floyd for whatever the weight issue may be (my guess is he wants 147 and Manny wants 144) but then also mentions that Manny could move up to fight Yuri. Yuri is a ****ing junior middleweight.. fighting at 154 pounds. This is all just to build more drama for the fight. The fight will happen no matter what.

Neither fighter is scared. Although Freddie Roach should be...

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Honestly, Yuri isn't that great and if Pac wanted another title in another weight class, Yuri would be his safest bet. It's actually a step down from his past 3 fights. Anyways, I'm reading that it will be indeed a 147 pound fight. Floyd wants it higher, Manny wants it low, so lets meet in the middle. :cool:

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

how much of this goes to the fighters? how about the ticket revenues/pay per view sales. how much of the cut does mgm get?

4. bladeage

Yikes... Pac-roid is scared... wonder why? hehe.. jk. Don't fret my pets, this is all just drama to build the fight up.

5. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

so is this saying that there was no drug testing prior to the last 7 big fights of Manny?

6. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

to Paquiao: just take the damn drug test and shut mayweather up with your fists.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

$$$ Mayweather is running things now. The state boxing commission answers to Floyd. Pac has to take olympic style testing because Floyd says so. Not because the state boxing commission said they needed these testings. Boss Mayweather controls boxing if you haven't noticed.

8. bladeage

Manny is in all kinds of **** now, nobody worth fighting is going to fight the guy now. At least if hes a GBP fighter.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24307

Apparently if Mayweather doesn't fight him, Marquez could be a replacement. Unfortunately for Manny, Marquez is also a GBP fighter..so no go.

Maybe he will have to fight Yuri Foreman afterall...since he is also a Top Rank fighter.

I still don't believe all of this, I feel as if it is still just something to build up the drama for the fight. But let's just pretend for a minute that Pac doesn't want to get tested because he has taken some type of performance enhancing drug. What would all of you POF think of him then?

I honestly think anyone who fights him, regardless of promoter will want him tested. It will be like the next time Margarito fights... his opponent will want to make sure someone is watching him get his hands wrapped.

Pac is just making it difficult on himself. If he has nothing to hide, take the test. He really has no choice at this point. I hope he hasn't taken anything though.. it would be like 100X worse for boxing than the Margarito hand-wrap fiasco.

9. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Manny's legacy is in question. Who knows what kind of roids he used before Cotto?

10. bladeage

LMAO.. seriously? Manny against Paulie... wtf. Arum is making Manny look like the biggest p***y ever.

11. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

news from mayweatherfans.com, the biggest p***y ever.

12. bladeage

13. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

14. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

I hate Bob Arum. Is anyone but diehard boxing fans even going to shell out that much money for pacquiao-paulie or mayweather-hatton the younger after this mayweather-pac carrot was dangled in front of people? ****, I was planing on GOING to Vegas for the fight but damned if I'll keep supporting Arum OR Manny with my money if they pull out of this. I'm disgusted.

15. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

He didn't seem to have a problem giving blood on 24/7

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshh4CgT0S9mlYSTf1S1"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshh4CgT0S9mlYSTf1S1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

16. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Arum is an idiot and is making Pacquiao look either like a wuss (needle PHOBIA?! There's tons of video/picture of Manny chillin' while getting tattoos/syringes), a liar, or a cheater. He doesn't care about boxing if he's not willing to at least to try compromise or negotiate. I can't stand Arum.

Paulie Malignaggi? His best performance was in a fight where Miguel Cotto bashed his face in. I like Paulie, but he is only good enough to beat low-level titleholders.

17. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

Explain this one to me, Floyd fan boys. I need a good laugh.

<hr>Golden Boy Viewed as Hypocrites in Pacquiao Test Fiasco
    Last update: 12-25-2009

By Mark Vester

There are some who are claiming that Golden Boy Promotions are a bunch of hypocrites because of the recent situation with the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao bout. Golden Boy is representing Mayweather in the negotiations for a fight with Pacquiao on March 13.

Golden Boy/Mayweather have made a demand for random Olympic-style drug testing. They want the Agency to handle the random drug testing of both fighters. The USADA's procedures would subject both to several random blood and urine tests. Pacquiao/Top Rank have refused those demands and see no reason for having a company like the USADA involved. Top Rank do not see a reason for Pacquiao to take numerous blood tests and as many as a dozen urine tests during the training camp.

The reason for the random drug tests? Richard Schaefer [CEO for Golden Boy] and Mayweather's team see a simple reason for the tests. They want to make sure that both fighters are on an "even level playing field."

Golden Boy/Mayweather's team do not view the drug testing procedures of the Nevada State Athletic being substantial enough for their liking. Most believe their position for random drug tests are stemming from some of the comments that were made by Floyd Mayweather Sr, and a few others, who believe that Pacquiao is using performance enhancing drugs.

Even Golden Boy President Oscar De La Hoya lashed out at Pacquiao on his Ring Magazine Online blog. De La Hoya told Pacquiao “C’mon. It’s only a little bit of blood. If you have nothing to hide, then do the test."

Further, De La Hoya compared Pacquiao's punches to those of Shane Mosley and Fernando Vargas. Mosley, during the BALCO trial, admitted to taking performance enhancing drugs before the 2003 rematch with De La Hoya. In 2002, Vargas tested positive for steroids when he failed a post-fight drug test for the grudge match with De La Hoya.

"Now I have to wonder about him. I’m saying to myself, ‘Wow. Those Mosley punches, those Vargas punches and those Pacquiao punches all felt the same.’ I’m not saying yes or no (about whether Pacquiao might be taking performance enhancing drugs); I’m just saying that now people have to wonder: “Why doesn't he want to do this? Why is it such a big deal." De La Hoya.

[now for the good part]

Let's take a step back to March 2008, when Golden Boy Promotions was trying to put together a May pay-per-view fight between Shane Mosley and Zab Judah.

Judah and his team were demanding for Mosley to take an independent blood test before the planned May event. At least in the case of Mosley, there was some evidence to back up Judah's demand for an additional blood test outside of the required drug tests from the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Mosley did admit to inadvertently taking performance enhancing drugs before the 2003 rematch with De La Hoya.

For the record, Mosley was willing to take an independent blood test and any other tests that Judah's camp were demanding.

Also for the record, Golden Boy Promotions rejected Judah's demand for an independent blood test or any additional tests beyond those of the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Schaefer told the Associated Press "We are not going to do other tests than the Nevada commission requires. The fact is Shane is not a cheater and he does not need to be treated like one."

I ask this. Why is Pacquiao, who never failed a single drug test or had any BALCO scandal hanging over his head, being treated like a cheater?

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24322<hr>

take your time to formulate your responses, give us a good spin job, and make it worth its weight in comedy gold. TIA.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

for all those mayweather fans that think that just because Manny hates getting poked with needles 17 times in 3 months is his addmition of steriod use then keep holding on to your baby blacket and stop defending your scared fighter.

this fight will happen and when mayweathers head hits the canvas i don't want to see any of you back here bringing this crap up. :)

19. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

I don't get why they want to make a switch in testing? They won't find anything BEFORE the fight that they won't find AFTER the fight.

Drawing blood before a competition where it requires endurance is just stupid. One of Manny's advantages is his energy and stamina and taking out blood from the man before a fight will probably affect his performance.

Mayweather knows this and he wants any advantage he can get against Manny.

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

It's really a change boxing has needed for sometime now.

No excuses anymore. Manny not only ducked Floyd, but is now completely guilty in my eyes. Jmm and Mosely said no to career paydays also unless Manny took the same tests as Floyd requested. Now, his camp turns to Malignaggi? This is the guy who openly called Manny out for steroid use before Floyd. Pathetitic