1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Testing issues could derail Mayweather-Pacquiao

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TheGreat, Dec 22, 2009.

1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Someone's scared.

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Is testing far before then directly after the fight not good enough? Once again, probably more posturing as has been for months to help build hype and smack talk...cause this is the 4th article in the last month about "jeopardizing the fight".

Vegas will be kickin in March: Mayweather-Pac fight, then March Madness the next two weekends.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I see what Floyd is trying to do here. But he's just going to make himself look like he's afraid of the fight by demanding non-standard testing.

5. tested911

tested911 Member

I don't understand why they can't draw blood after the fight?

Lets say Mayweather lost and then all of a sudden they found something in Manny's blood.. Couldn't they just forfeit the win if that happened because it wasn't a fair fight?

6. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

same thought here.

7. Christopher

Christopher Member

I have to say, as a non American, I wouldn't want the U.S. drug testing agency testing me either. Too many issues with them over many years.

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Not at all. Floyd has actually folded on every issue in this fight. Gloves, ring size, purse split, weight, ect.... Roach said a few weeks ago that they had no problem submitting to the drug testing. He made that comment to the media as well. Now, Manny's camp refuses. Floyd agreed to a penalty or a little over 9.5 million per pound over 147, but Manny can't agree to the same drug testing that will be given to Floyd? That's not right. People need to take a step back and wonder why Roach and Manny have not been on the same page for over a year now. Floyd isn't the problem in these negotiations.

1 person likes this.
  9. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Manny seems to be a cheater. Passing up $20mm and having a shot at being the undisputed best boxer in the world...all because of superstitions?

Yeah right. Good for Floyd for demanding this...it shouldn't matter if he is willing to do it as well.

Sorry but getting some blood drawn randomly isn't going to screw up your training

1 person likes this.
  10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Manny, alllllll the concerns people had about how you suddenly jumped up weight classes...about how you suddenly looked like a power puncher....allllll of that looks really bad when you refuse drug testing.

For all the "Manny is the next Ali and can do no wrong" folks out there...I'm not saying he's doing that...I'm saying it looks awful to the public.

1 person likes this.
  11. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

it is really stupid to draw blood prior to a fight. that's common sense.

12. MadMax

you're reaching. we're not talking about the amount you give when making a blood donation.

13. King1

Don't pay him any attention. His boxing knowledge extends to "gayweather" and "I<3 Manny".

14. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

manny should do the testing. nothing to worry about right?

15. King1

If you talk privately to most boxing insiders, Manny and BHop have been the two most talked about fighters in terms of juicing for the past 3 years. Guys can't come out any say it publicly because of the damage it could do to their websites, blogs careers, ect....(it's over if you get black balled by GBP or Top Rank), but this comes as no surprise to anyone.

16. MadMax

it's certainly been speculated quite a bit in boxing forums on the internet...but i know that doesn't hold any weight at all. i just know that people have long suspected that.

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I didn't realize anyone thought Manny jumped up that many weight classes while remaining in single digit body fat without some pharmaceutical help.

There's no Tooth Fairy either, guys.

18. King1

The sad thing is that Manny is a great dude. You would be hard pressed to find a more genuine person then him. People have taken advantage of him so much that it's hard to even be around. Roach and Arum have to go out of their way now to even get through to Manny. It's not his doing. The politicians in the Phillipines dictate every single thing he does.

19. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

..... How about the Easter bunny? :(

20. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

hmmm. never heard the B-Hop rumors. they always say he's a freaking workhorse. he lives in the gym...