1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest, on playing against the Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apollo33, Nov 3, 2009.

1. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

LOL. THIS!

2. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

mom is that you?

3. rocketsmetalspd

Nice quote by Ron Ron he will have to lock somebody up in OK before he comes down to H-Town. I hope that game goes down to the wire and their starters have to play the whole game instead of resting in the fourth. :D

4. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Wow, seriously? I don't get why people are so upset with Ron. With no Yao, I honestly didn't want him on this team. He chose to go to the team he thought would give him the best chance to win a ring. Do I hate him now that he's a Laker? On the court, yes. But I really don't have anything against the guy off the court. If I were at the game, I wouldn't boo him when he's introduced.

All that being said, I would love it if the whole situation blows up in the Lakers' faces.

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I'm not sure. I would give him neutral feedback if he were an eBay transaction.

LOL!

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i know Ron was part of the TEAM that advanced to the second round, but honestly do you really believe it was because of Ron? The Rockets advancing had more to do with Brooks, Scola and Yao all playing really well and getting a favorable matchup with the Blazers than anything else.

Hell replace Ron with McGrady from last season and this team still advances.

While Ron was part of that team he wasnt the only reason why the Rockets advanced.

By that logic we all should be praising Brian Cook as well since he too was on the team that advanced to the second round

Playoffs are all about matchups.

If this team played the Jazz again last year I dont know if they would advance.

This team matched up well with the Lakers and thats why they were taken to 7 games if Yao and Deke were healthy for that Lakers serious who knows maybe we could have won.

so yes I would boo him since he is playing for the other team

7. DreamRoxCoogFan

this. i get so annoyed when people say that he dissed us and whatnot. the ROCKETS didn't offer him a real deal, so you are faulting him for getting a great contract? we offered him a one year deal, stop trying to tell yourself that he was to blame.

his time here was successful, and now its done. thats basically it. no hard feelings at all

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Artest: YahIthinkSoBecauseyou.. you.. you....growEmotionallyAttatched (Think of a big word Ron) obviously.. to that team.

Ron's happy now. No dumb thing said. :)

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

How do you know that? The Rockets made the same offer. The Lakers basically told Artest we will match the Rockets offer and you can come play for a real contender. Morey told Ron, you will be #4 there, #1 here. Your choice.

So just stop, he bailed on us.

10. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Don't boo him. We still need him to implode the Lakers in the playoffs. :p

11. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Artest reaction to Ariza's 33 point performance..

Definetely some suprise, a little bit of a remark. i thought it was interesting enough... check about 45 seconds in..

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7polKLaTDBA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7polKLaTDBA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

please lock if posted :)

12. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

WOW!!! He seemed hurt by the fact that Ariza scored thirty, he didnt even know how to react. LOL. "I dont wanna score 30." Who wouldnt wanna score thirty.

13. The Drake

The Drake Member

is Ron trying to convince the reporter or himself?

14. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

lol whata sorry SOB, " I didn't know he could score 30"

15. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

my thoughts exactly..

16. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

since he enjoys kissing "gasol bynum odom kobe's" asses then let him enjoy it

17. HRockets

HRockets Member

I would not boo him at all. I enjoyed his time here. He was a great player and he played hard for us. To be honest I did not like Artest before he came here, but after seeing his interviews and the type of person he is, he is one of my favorite players now.

18. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

can't wait till ariza hangs 33 on his ass next game and watch him say he doesn't want to score 30 and enjoy playing with bynum gasol kobe over there

19. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

LOL ron is probably reading this thread as we type! he is thinking to himself " plan was a success" :cool:

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

wow he seems shaken up thinking about it...