1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Wired] Lakers Offense Could Be Better Without Kobe

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by pearlon, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Great summary. :D

2. pearlon

pearlon Member

Umm, maybe YOU should read what I wrote in the original post rather than bashing me. Of course I read the article. Why would I post it if I didn't find it interesting? I didn't say anything about the Lakers offense would be better without Kobe. That was the title of the article. I copied the title of the Wired article onto the subject of the thread. I only said it'd be interesting to see this analysis applied to the Rockets...

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Game's undecided. When you NEED a score you go to Sasha Vujacic or you go to Kobe to create? And THATS why great players get more shots.....Which is a real life inverse of great player selfishly taking it upon himself to jack shots issue. The theory applies more to Ron Artest than Kobe, and I'm no Kobe supporter.

Almost every coach values an egalitarian all players and open shots are equal approach. Once you start playing it doesnt always happen that way. Because players have varying degree of ability. All vehicles on a highway are about even, they all follow the same speed limit. Players do not. Aaron Brooks doesnt and cant operate the same as Yao Ming.

In fewer words, "Good shot selection and ball distribution"

4. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Article title: "Lakers Offense Could Be Better Without Kobe."

Probably should be just as sad about misleading article titles as posters who don't read the original post.

5. adoo

adoo Member

if this was a truly "scientific" study, the author would have also drawn these conclusions:
    The Bulls offense could be better without MJ

The Cavs offense could be better without LBJ

The Rox offense could be better Yao​
    the fact that his myopic sample selection only focus on Kobe render his supposed conclusion invalid.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

i think Kobe has done a much better job this last year of playing within the flow of the game, which, I think, supports this article.

interesting to see how far it goes.
    perhaps rocket success this year could further bolster this articles premise.

8. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

Ya, most science is good. But this one is just ignorant

9. kenwonobi

kenwonobi Member

Right and I could also float in the ocean better without a boat. :rolleyes:

10. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

This is just how physics works.

I mean this very old physics joke explains how silly physics can be a lot of the time...

"A farmer notices his chickens are getting sick, he calls in a physicist to help him. The physicist takes a good look at the chickens and does some calculations, he suddenly stops and says "Ive got it, but it would only work if the chickens were spherical and in a vacuum."