1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama/White House on Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, May 12, 2009.

1. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

It's pretty clear that Shane is a latter-day Bill Bradley. But I don't think Shane would be able to make it to president. People don't relate to him well enough because he's too stand-offish. Maybe Senator, like Bradley.

2. vinsanity89

vinsanity89 Member

# Rumor has TNT studio crew wearing red jackets tonight.about 2 hours ago from TwitterBerry

:eek: That would be AWESOME!! follow that link the threadstarter had!!

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Reggie Love, Obama's personal aide, was Battier's teammate at Duke.

4. AkeemTheDreem86

[​IMG]
    Yes, Crutchfans, I finarry made it to the GARM!

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Shane for President, 2016.

Clutch, you need to recruit Obama to be a Clutchfans crew member. Do it!

6. himself

himself Member

Ever since game 2 of HOU/LA series, I have been sending emails to bunch of media people around the nation (some that I kinda know) about how this is going and them paying a close attention to this series and Rockets.

We are in a age change, we have our first african-american president with a slogan of hope, we are trying to unite as a nation one more time, as people.

And to relate that to basketball, NO team is more deserving of a championship ( as far as character, hard work, being united , and being true to the value of what sports is all about) then this current Rockets, and this has nothing to do with me being a homer or a huge Rockets fan.

I grew up playing with one beat up pair of shoes, but I loved it. It was about hope, it was about dreams, it was about accomplishments, it was about everything that once was right with sports in general.
    This Rockets are what is right with sports, and the lakers are what is exactly wrong with sports and for that matter the society.

This current Rockets can and should do this for MANY reasons, they should do it for everything that is right!!
    I want our coach to bring this to our guys attention.

GO ROCKETS!!!

7. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

LMAO!

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

NICE!!!!!! :D

9. amorephd

amorephd Member

Battier Gets Presidential Text Msg

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nba/090511_rockets_obama

Updated: Tuesday, 12 May 2009, 4:49 PM CDT
    Published : Tuesday, 12 May 2009, 4:21 PM CDT

MARK BERMAN
    HOUSTON - President Barack Obama is a huge sports fan and he has taken an interest in the Western Conference Semifinal between the Houston Rockets and the Los Angeles Lakers.

A member of Obama's staff is Reggie Love, one of Shane Battier's former teamates at Duke.

The President watched the Rockets stunning win over the Lakers in game 4 Sunday and was impressed with Battier's play.

Love sent a text message to Battier with a message from Mr. Obama.

"Through Reggie he sent me a message that said good job leading the guys in the face of adversity," Battier told FOX 26 Sports Monday. "It was pretty cool. Not your garden variety text message you get every day.

"It's great that we have a sports fanatic in the White House who appreciates competition in sports. For the leader of the free world to acknowledge your leadership, it's pretty cool."

It would seem Battier is well on his way to converting the President into become a Rockets' fan.

"That's my goal," Battier said. "It's my goal to get these guys to meet him personally. Hopefully after a championship parade or two we can do it."

It's a ritual for the President to play host to the NBA Champion every year.

10. amorephd

amorephd Member

...how cool is that?!?!?

11. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

~ who's your president ~ B-A-T-T-I-E-R ~ :D

12. 2rings

2rings Member

Was Kim Jong-Il or Hugo Chavez or Fidel Castro or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad all new BO BFFs!

13. gatsby

gatsby Member

It's great to have someone in politics who understands the importance of competition on a non-war level. :) I like it.

Go Rockets & Co.

tm

14. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Aren't you the guy that comes into threads like this in the GARM screaming in all caps with a bunch of exclamation marks that they should lock the thread?

15. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Not really an Obama fan, but, but having Battier talked to by Obama is kind of like a member of your family getting cred from the Prez :D

16. metaljoe

metaljoe New Member

LOL i'm sure obama did mean to send it to him.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Would Obama have traded Gay for Battier? :)

18. RHostetler82

RHostetler82 Member

Sweet. Props out to my peoples in the NW side!

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Shane is more presidential than our current POTUS. I would vote for him in a second.

20. bigdawgtt

bigdawgtt Member

I've hearing about Battier's pregame speech but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I've searched google and youtube. Does anybody know where I can find it? Thanks