1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shane Battier Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by devin23, May 10, 2009.

1. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

Thank you Shane, our statesman. He embodies everything that is the true grit and spirit of the Rockets.

2. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Brooks will probably get all the glory and praise, but Battier and Hayes had their fingerprints on this W.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

No one can hate on shane today, not even kwame and I. Its great to see and it also backs up what i've been saying for years, they didnt give up a lotto pick for a guy that didnt have skills. This is the shane i watched in memphis. This is the guy that had meaning on the offensive end and not just trying to do stuff people have to try to quantify. Great job shane.

4. somenobody

somenobody Member

I always appreciate him. I started to love Rockets because of Yao. But I even love Battier more since then.

5. dudnaito

dudnaito Member

i'm in korea right now, set my clock to 4:30 am to catch the game, and I JUST SLEPT past the alarm. I feel like i missed the birth of my firstborn

6. Landlord Landry

He can't gaurd me.....

while statistically Kobe is still having a brilliant postseason as per usual...

Shane Battier has quietly taken Kobe out of 2 of the last 4 games and once on his own home court.

not to mention the wrecking ball game he displayed on Kobe's arse today.

and.........Shane did it cleanly and respectfully. Own it Kobay....You just got served.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. buiyahkah

buiyahkah Contributing Member

hahah...kobe got owned

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Shane actually seems to be getting better defensively.

9. Landlord Landry

yes he can.

10. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

In all seriousness...

If Shane were next to me at my work desk right now -

I would hump his leg like the unworthy dog that I am.

In front of all my work colleagues too.

I bow to thy greatness oh great Battier.

11. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

does he have gills? super human

12. choujie

choujie Member

So far, Battier is the most consistent player in this series.

13. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Considering that Kobe couldn't guard Battier today and got outscored AND outrebounded today, this thread couldn't be more apropos.

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

kobe got most of his points in the las 2 games off of exploiting yao on pick and roll plays. for better or worse, that won't happen anymore this series.

15. ibm

ibm Member

your physical ability declines as you age - for sure.

your smarts can actually grow as you age - sometimes.

16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I count 3 games he's been taken out of, 14-31( got a lot of garbage buckets), 11-28, and today 7-17.

17. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Battier needs to be more selfish.

This is my only complaint about the guy.

He can score as good as anyone and he is just so damn smart. I'd love to see now AND when Yao (possibly Tmac also who knows) come back that he continues to want to shoot.

Battier is great, I saw him early in the game set the tone and he got the crowd into the game. (I was there I know, small brag :D).

I don't know if we can win this series, but hell I called them to win in 6 before playoffs started why stop believing now :D.

GO ROCKETS!

18. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Oh I'd also like to add that when Kobe has to play defense his offense SHOULD struggle. So chasing Battier would hurt Kobe's offense which can only be a good thing.

19. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Shane's greatest strength is his discipline, on both end of the floor. Rarely, player can stay cool, stick to his game play for the entire game.

On defense, he always stays with his plan, doesn't matter if the guy makes three in a row; on offense, he always goes to his spots, wait for the pass patiently.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Battier is never going to create shots for himself. He got open looks today because the Lakers didn't adjust to the new offense well, and we had good penetration from our guards. Battier has been pretty good post-allstar break about not passing up shots and just shooting. But he depends on other players creating those openings for him.