1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This series is not over!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 9, 2009.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody picked us from the beginning. No one is picking us now. We are just where we started at. Back to 5 nights ago when this series was 0-0.

Pundits don't give us a chance.

We don't have the talent they say. We don't have T-mac. We have a hobbling superstar who we can't get the ball to. We can penetrate the Lakers D, and we can't stop Kobe when it matters. And if we do, Phil Jackson will find a way to beat us.

Even many of our own fans don't think we can. And you know what, they might be right.

But if all of this were absolutely true, then why play the freakin game! In sports, they play the game because the outcome isn't really 100% known.

How many pundits would bet their life on the Lakers winning this series? How about thier first-borns life? Ha - none. Not one.

Amazing things still can happen. Amazing happens in the NBA. And tomorrow, something amazing just might still happen....

I know our guys will fight to the bitter end. They might not shoot as well, they may turn it over, and they may simply not just have enough to beat these Lakers...but heck, let's not undercut the effort. They are still diving and playing their hearts out. Win or lose, these guys are still winners in my book.

I'm proud of these guys, and I can't wait to watch tomorrow.

2 people like this.
  2. HookemHorns1250

Play hard, all we can ask for.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Of course it is not over, they still have to beat us twice, if that's the case.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I agree it is not over. But tit is an absolute must win Sunday or it will be. I know the Rockets can play much better than they have so far. I don't even think it is the Lakers. Kobe played average a big chunk of the game and the only thing they did good was shoot threes. Outside of Landry a little everybody played bad. Everyone could play better, either a little or alot. If Artest hit some threes and Battier can score something, if WAfer plays a decent game I expect us to win Sunday. But if we don't yes it is over.

I honestly think this is an experience issue. You do not have any idea how intense this stage is. Some people like Sam Cassell, Michael Jordan, hakeem, Larry, magic live for it but most players can only get better with experience. Even Kobe couldn't deliver in the biggest Arena of his career last year when it was truly his team in the finals. I also think the whole Wafer thing was a distraction. ANd even all the fighting took some of our wind out. Yes the got the suspension but the Lakers won that fight and the game. That takes a toll on the psyche.

Finally the Rockets do not have a real leader. Your stars should be your leader but Yao is not that and Artet hasn't been her long enough to qualify. I mean he does qualify some but not like Kobe leads his team.

#4 Old Man Rock, May 9, 2009
    Last edited: May 9, 2009
  5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yao's ankle is worrying me. We have no chance without him. He needs to be effective on both sides of the ball.

6. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

Well written, eloquent and to the point.

The series is definitely not over. The best is yet to come.

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

"Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    Hell no! And it ain't over now! Cause when the going gets tough.. The tough get goin'. Who's with me?"

-Animal House

8. ibm

ibm Member

since when the germans bombed pearl harbor?

9. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

It aint over till the fat lady sings!

10. Pocket Rockets

it is now...without yao

11. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

Time of Death - 8:20 PM

drowsy11, MD

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Maybe our season is done, but we can still make life hell for that team of a**hats. Make it happen.

13. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Ummm yeah... it's over.

14. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

it may not be over, but our chances of winning are.......unless kobe tears his acl tomorrow.

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

That's right. Make the Lakers remember this series. Don't go down without a fight. Remember game 2, second quarter?

16. buiyahkah

buiyahkah Contributing Member

As you can see he put it in quotes and even put "Animal House" at the end...it's a line from a movie.

17. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Yao is out for the playoffs, and because of that I am completely confident we will win this series.

We are a terrible offensive team with Yao when he's fronted, which the Lakers were going to continue doing. Now they can't front anymore, and it opens up the game for everybody.

This is the best news since T-Mac announced microfracture.

We are going to win this series.

18. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

yes i remember that. The ONLY period in the series where we looked like we absolutely could play at the Lakers level. we took their best hit and we still fought back. And guess what? YAO WAS OUT OF THE GAME FOR THAT QUARTER.

19. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao may be done, but we should still fight to the end and win tomorrow.

It's all about tomorrow. Defending our home court. We can still do it. We can still win. I 100% believe that this team can pull it off.