1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

give me the best power forwards of all time, from 2 to 5

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by adoo, May 8, 2009.

1. adoo

adoo Member

2. Karl Malone

3. Kevin McHale

4. Elvin Hayes

5. Bob Petitt

2. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Elvin Hayes and Kevin McHale over Charles Barkley? Or do you have Barkley number 1?

4. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

1. Duncan

2. Mailman
    3. Barkley
    4. McHale
    5. KG

5. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

1. Kevin Garnett
    2. Karl Malone
    3. Charles Barkley
    4. Dirk Nowtizki
    5. Kevin McHale

Tim Duncan is a center... and he's far from the best in his real position.

6. Chamillionaire

that sounds about right, but i'd go with KG ahead of McHale.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Wow... PF is a weaker position than you realize. Especially when the recent ones (Kemp, Webber, etc) couldn't keep it together.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Couldn't keep it together but they were a joy to watch in their prime. I didn't catch that much Reign Man before, but watching Webber under Adelman was awesome. His passing skills were incredible.

I'm glad though that through the 90s until now, we've watched the best PF's ever in their primes.

Duncan and Malone are locks for 1 and 2. The following 4 could all be placed interchangably: Barkley, KG, Pettit, Hayes

9. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

i'll just assume you have sir charles as #1 because no list of the greatest power forwards in history without charles barkley in the top 3 (let alone top 5) isn't credible.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If Reign Man had kept himself together,he could have made it to top 3 list.
    He knocked out Karl Malone and had a brilliant series against the Bulls in the NBA finals but then he lost his motivation. It was an unbelievable decline.

11. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

We do we keep going back to comparing players across different eras? Its impossible to do. Top reasons of the top of my head.

1. Rule changes. 3-point line, defense changes (hand checking, zone defenses, 3 in the key, shot clock, FT after 5th foul, etc.)

2. Players are more athletic and/or heal faster today due to sports medicine technology. Everything from plyometrics to weight training supplements (cough, steroids) help players be better, stronger, faster.

3. Technology in general. Coaches can now watch games from multiple camera angles with super clear HD technology on 60" TV screens to analyze each game. Hell, we caught a glimpse of the 50 page or so booklet of statistics Shane had on Kobe's strengths/weaknesses. Do you really think that had data that in depth in the 70's? Oh hell no.

12. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Wow I really should proof read my posts before I hit send :D

13. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

1. Duncan
    2. Malone
    3. Barkley
    4. Garnett
    5. McHale

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Problem is, then you'd have to assume he didn't include Duncan, which is just as bad, if not worse.

My list:

1. Duncan
    2. Barkley
    3. Malone
    4. Mchale
    5. Hayes

I have KG 6th. Also, if Dirk had gotten that ring in '06, I think his unique nature could have gotten him on this list. When his career is said and done, I thnk he may still crack it anyway.