1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] League looking at Kobe/Artest incident

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DcProWLer277, May 7, 2009.

1. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

LD2K - Kobe still threw an unnecessary elbow. The frame by frame is deceptive, and I'm pretty sure you know that.

Artest was clearly muscling him, but he wasn't taking shots at Kobe. Artest could have been reasonably called for a foul before the shot, but that didn't happen. Kobe landed a blow on Artest; on the chest, on the neck, it doesn't matter. Kobe should receive some kind of reprimand for his actions.

Also, we're gonna kick your ass in games 3 and 4, so I hope your boys are ready.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why is Jackson not reviewing the Game 1 incident with Battier?

3. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

Better View of the Play:

<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4149491"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=4149491" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

post the link to that video plz. i want to see it.

5. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

B/c it's a known fact that when you're getting up from the floor, you need to propel your elbows forward.

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

yep...to the neck...what took so long to get this angle?

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

this is important.

the incident in Game One needed to be addressed. that's why things got out of hand in Game Two.

The League should have nipped this in the bud.

LD2K, you're with 570 AM, right? that's a great network, but you guys are losing the Lakers this year to ESPN. I've all your promos and listen daily, the LA market was NUTS to think this wasn't going to be a great series.

Steve Hartman and Vic the Brick were delusional going into this series.

the Lakers are not as physical as the Rockets and have to resort to frustrating cheap shots to their opponent.

8. ImmortalD24

ImmortalD24 Member

LMAO! that was clearly to the chest.

9. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

It looks like he got him in the very base of his throat which would be noticeable to someone immediately. And what's really clear to me from that angle is the elbow was thrown with intent, again IMO.

10. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

That video makes it so obvious that Kobe straight up bowed Artest.

11. LD2k

LD2k Member

Elbow was thrown - still say it was hit in chest and still say it was in the motion of turning and trying to get Artest - who had his elbow clearly on Kobe's shoulder/side of head - off of him.

That's actually a pretty tough call.

12. Cbox

Cbox Member

Wow I didn't think Jalen Rose could look any worse. So what if they were jostling? In the first angle of that video, you can see Kobe creates his arm and hits Ron in the neck/chin area. There are cleaner ways to get a player off you, like pushing off. If Kobe jumped for the rebound and didn't throw the elbow, I bet Ron would of gotten an over the back call. Stupid play by Kobe, stupid excuses by BSPN and the meat sucking Jalen Rose.

13. bkg

bkg Member

Eh! its just playoff basketball.

I wish Yao would do that...

14. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Look closely, the elbow appear connected to the chin/neck area first before it landed on the chest. Regardless, Kobe swang his elbow way too high and too vicious for it to be called "just playing playoff basketball". It could have caused severely injuries to the other player. If everybody plays like that there will be no one standing after the game.

15. ABZERO

ABZERO Member

16. Stewy

Stewy Member

Agreed. I think everyone is actually right here. This isn't a zero sum game afterall.

With the new camera angle, and the angle of the elbow juxtaposed to Artest's body alignment, it looks like Bryant's upper arm ran from the bottom of Artest's chin to his upper chest area. So, there was contact just above the "R" on the jersey, but there was also contact above that, just below Artest's chin.

17. Mailman

Mailman Member

This is exactly what I've been saying all along. The live action replay in slo-mo shows Kobe's sharp elbow going in an upwards and outward motion. He caught Ron in the neck, and the video proves it.

18. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

watching that new angle, i can really convince myself either way. if you're looking for the elbow in the neck, you see it. if you're looking for the elbow in the chest, you see it.

i think it must be right where the neck and chest meet and got some of both.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

FEEDBACK +, sir. :eek:

20. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

i thought the same